5 replies [Last post]
BleuBijou's picture
439 Colorado Bull

Anyone have more info on this Melvin Hart Bull???? Have heard front range Bull but that is it!!!

WishIWasHunting's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
I have not heard anything

I have not heard anything about it, but, to be Captain Obvious, that bull is ENORMOUS!!!

Melvin Hart, a taxidermist in

Melvin Hart, a taxidermist in Yukon, recently returned from bow hunting in Colorado where he killed a massive bull elk.
“I was bow hunting in the lower part of Colorado in the front range,” Hart said. “I was still hunting the north facing mountain side, walking the benches looking down on the next bench when I caught a real heavy elk scent.
“It was so strong I thought I was close to a whole herd but it turned out to be this one huge bull that was holed up in this little green patch on the side of the mountain. Took me awhile but I was able to get an arrow in him at 30 yards and he went about 50 (yards) before laying over.
“Reason there was so much elk scent was because it turned out to be a bulls’ den where this bull had been living for what looked like several months. If I hadn’t stumbled on to him he probably might never have been killed.”
The elk had a green score of 439 1/8 Pope and Young. The bull was a 9×9 with 21-inch brow tines.
“All his points are exceptionally long,” Hart said. “It was about a mile and a half pack out to get him to a trail that I could use to get him out. Had to drop into a canyon and back out the other side.
In the end. I think it was all worth the trouble.”

BleuBijou's picture
I read that

as well! Was hopng more info would surface as to actual unit!!! But I understand the tight lipped method!!! It is wise!!!! Thumbs up

opssup's picture
Damn its huge!!! Very nice

Damn its huge!!! Very nice Thumbs up

Retired2hunt's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
All I can say is... WOW!!!

All I can say is... WOW!!!

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Colorado GMU 63 for Bull Elknmmuledeerhunter608/17/2013 07:04 am
Colorado legal elkbearklr3110/15/2013 00:33 am
new to the site. 3rd season bull tag helpany tag. any time.109/24/2012 17:21 pm