2 replies [Last post]
350 REM MAG

DOES ANY ONE USE THIS ON ELK?IF SO WHAT LOADS AND RANGES ARE YOU SHOOTING.THINKING OF A 250 YD BRUSH TYPE GUN.
GARY B

350 REM MAG

I think it is a little big for a "brush type" gun Think

350 REM MAG

I disagree. I used to use my 673 remington guide gun in a 350 remy mag exclusively as my elk gun. It is fantastic with the 220 grained bullets out to 250 yards. You don't have the bullet selection that the 35 Whelen does (what I've switched to), but you have a slight edge in velocity potential when loading for the 350 remy mag. I usually just used factory loads. I hadn't gotten into handloading at the time I was using it. I still have it and won't ever get rid of the gun b/c I like it so much. They are also getting pretty hard to get a hold of these days. The folks that buy them usually don't like to get rid of them.

I have a real soft spot for all 35 cals. I have a 35 remy, 358 winchester, 35 Whelen, and a 350 remington mag. All I need now is the big boy, the 358 norma mag

The 350 remy mag is an excellent "brush gun" in any sense of how you personally define a "brush gun". It's good for pigs, elk, deer, black bear, and could probably handle anything up to coastal grizzlies at close enough ranges. The remington guide gun rifle is light, and I think attractive although a little bizarre looking with the unnecessarily ribbed barrel. It's a great gun for anything in the states, and a gun capable of being a very good African plains game rifle. It's got heavier bullets and a greater diameter than the 30 cals making it great at close ranges, but it has the velocity and energy to really reach out at distances up to 250 yards (from my experience) on big game animals such as elk. It also won't cause the meat damage on deer that a 270 or 7 mm mag will. Lastly, it is also a very accurate round and rifle. Go for it. You won't regret the purchase. Thumbs up