28 replies [Last post]
.325 wsm

thanks maddenwh, I'll check them out

Don Fischer's picture
.325 wsm

Your experiencing one of the major problems with new cartridges. New cartridges are not developed to fill any gap, there is none. They are developed to increase sales. Once some company sells enought rifles, they create a market for the ammo. Imagine if they introduced the ammo first! Then there would be a boat load of ammo and only one rifle to fire it in. Ammo avaliability will increase only if comsumers buy more rifles and other companies start chambering for the cartridge.

Imagine if the 325 had been introduced without any ammo but came with a set of reloading dies, couple box's of cases and reload data. They would still sell some rifles! But the market is not as large. On the other hand imagine they introduced the cartridge but no rifle to fire it in. A few handloaders would probably go for it, not many. And the non-handloader wouldn't buy the first one.

.325 wsm

I suppose you are correct, I've contacted superior ammo and hopefully they can do something for me and if not i'll just have to see what the new year brings

Moved to reloading forum. Don

Don Fischer's picture
.325 wsm
csumerall wrote:
I suppose you are correct, I've contacted superior ammo and hopefully they can do something for me and if not i'll just have to see what the new year brings

RELOADING!!!! What?

.325 wsm

I would love to learn how to but, I am only home about 3 days a month so this limits my "me time " to about 1 day to hunt or what ever else I need to do the rest is spent with the family. I put in for a new job so hopefully that works out then i would like to learn how to do it.

.325 wsm

Sounds like a reason to reload to me. Thumbs up Careful though... reloading is so addictive you may want to shoot more. Thumbs up

.325 wsm

chester you should read my previous post

.325 wsm

CSUMMERALL- Let me know what superior ammo does for you. I'm interested to see what they can do with the 325 wsm. I've already got a 338 win mag and a 300 weatherby, so I certainly don't need a 325 wsm, but there are some BLR's in a 325 wsm that are really appealing to me. I love the BLR's, and a 325 wsm in one would be lighter than both my 338 winny and 300 weatherby. It might make a great mountain rifle... here I go again, trying to talk myself into buying another gun Think Brick Wall,) Shame on You!

I've mentioned this before, but one of my buddies recently returned from a plains game safari in RSA, and he exclusively used a 325 wsm on everything from eland and kudu to duilker an blesbok. He oved it and took some shots as far away as 350 yards plus. I still like the 338 better because of the bigger diameter and its greater bullet selection (especially heavier bullets). We'll see, I might just get greedy, so I'd love a full report on bullets and rifle performance. Big smile

.325 wsm
csumerall wrote:
I would love to learn how to but, I am only home about 3 days a month so this limits my "me time " to about 1 day to hunt or what ever else I need to do the rest is spent with the family. I put in for a new job so hopefully that works out then i would like to learn how to do it.

Reloading doesn't take long to do. For hunting ammo it would take about 10 minutes to make enough ammo for your hunt. It is taking you longer to look for factory ammo. Yes

.325 wsm

madden hey talked to superior ammo and hes got a list in the mail but he told me he can do pretty much any bullet im looking for, he said he was out of the swift but didnt even hesitate when I asked about the 325. Let you know what happens