28 replies [Last post]
.325 wsm

So I have a 325wsm, and its not that im unhappy with the winchester factory loads, I would just like to see a little more selection. Anyone out there have any Idea how long it takes for the other(federal, remington, ect)to start producing these rounds. How long after the 300wsm coming out did the other companies start kicking them out. Ive thought about reloading and handloading and I just dont have the time so I guess Im stuck with paying the god awful prices.

.325 wsm

just hang in there man....the other manufactuers will start coming out with them soon enough.....when i bought my 300wsm shells were few and far between but now theres a handful or more too choose from.....good luck Thumbs up

.325 wsm

It could be a year or more before they start setting up for the round. There needs to be a market.

Eatonville is a mecca for handloading.
Hang out at the Upper Nisqually Sportsmans Club and ask around. There is, without a doubt, someone that shoots there that can set you up with some reloads with the bullet you want. Also, on the Eatonville cut off, the road that goes over to Hwy 7, is a gun shop, Frontier Guns. Go and ask them if there are any locals that can set you up.

Good luck

.325 wsm

There are also several companies that will make handloads for your rifle specifically. Just look them up on the internet. I've had a few boxes made, and they have all worked out really well. Might be more expensive, but might be more reliable than getting loads from someone you don't know.

.325 wsm

hey maddenwh, if you dont mind sharing who have you found to make rounds, Ive been having a hard time talked to horn. and they said no, and couldnt tell me anyone who was yet. thanks ahead of time, as far as going to the gun club I wish I had that kind of time. Im usually home 3-4 days a month so im hunting or hangin out with the family.

bitmasher's picture
.325 wsm

I don't think the market penetration for the 325wsm has been or will be substantial enough for third parties to license the right to produce the ammo.

300wsm and 270wsm have the best penetration and best availability; however 223 wssm, 243 wssm, 25wsm do not and haven't been picked up by say Federal.

.325 wsm

I went on the MidwayUSA site today. They have a nice well rounded selection of rounds for the 325wsm.

Type in midwayusa and follow the ammunition.

.325 wsm

thanks I'll give it a shot

.325 wsm

so, I checked out midway and they had all the same winchester ammo that I already have tried and own has anyone else tried the "double tap"ammo?

.325 wsm

So I just got an email back from federal, They said they have no plans for it this year and wont know anything for next year until january. So I guess for all of the people who bought this caliber we'll be waiting till next year

.325 wsm

CSUMMERALL- Sorry for the late reply, I've been out of commission lately. I have used Superior Ammunition Inc, before when I've been too lazy to reload myself and needed some good reliable stuff. They pretty much load anything. You can check them out on the internet, but unfortunately they don't post their cal lists and prices. However, I have one in front of me now.

For the 325 they have... Barnes "x", Barnes "S", woodleigh, Norfolk, Swift "A" frames, Hawk, Sierra, and pretty much anything else with a good variety of bullet sizes. Costs for the 325 wsm range from about $50.00 to $87.00 for a box of 20. These guys make good stuff, and if your real picky and want to spend some doe, you can send them your rifle. Or, they do a test package deal where they'll give you several different loads so that you can determine yourself what works best with your gun. Good deal all around. If anyone else wants some, or some more info, check the website or holler at me. I am in no way affiliated with the company, I just think they make good stuff at good prices. Thumbs up