13 replies [Last post]
325 wsm

anyone have or try this caliber? how did it perform? i have the 300 wsm and was just wondering thanks alot Thumbs up

325 wsm

I have been debating between the 300 and 325 wsm for a new rifle. The only down side i currently see to the cartridge (325) is a lack of bullet choices and a low BC when shooting bullet weights necessary to achieve the claimed muzzle velocity which places it on par with the 300, according to browning and winchester ballistic data. I also would be glad to hear of any experience anyone has had with this cartridge.

325 wsm

the 300wsm works awesome for me. dont know of anyone with a 325 but like you said theres no sense buying a rifle if your gonna have to chase bullets for it. not many stores carry them(except the major chains)

325 wsm

I was considering the 300 WSM, but instead went for the regular 300 Win Mag. I know this cartridge will always be around. The ammo is very expensive for those WSM's. Even if you reload, the brass is much more expensive than other rounds.

325 wsm

300 wsm winchester super x is the same price as 300 win mag here in canada so whereever your buyin your ammo your gettin ripped Thumbs up dont matter what u have for cal if you shoot premium rds your gonna pay

325 wsm
wonksy wrote:
300 wsm winchester super x is the same price as 300 win mag here in canada so whereever your buyin your ammo your gettin ripped Thumbs up dont matter what u have for cal if you shoot premium rds your gonna pay

I first bought a 7 Mag, and loved to shoot too much so had to get into reloading. Recently was trying to decide between the 300 WSM, 300 Win Mag, or the 300 RUM. I noticed that the 300 Win Mag is priced about the same as 7 Mag, a little above 30/06. Then there is a jump (a couple $'s) to the WSM. The Rums are outrageously priced.

SInce I handload this makes little difference. A site I buy once fired brass as those little WSM's are more expensive.

300 Winchester Magnum
Manufacturer Metal Cost Quantity Cost Quantity
Winchester Brass $130.00 1000 $70.00 500

300 Winchester Short Mag (WSM)
Manufacturer Metal Cost Quantity
Winchester Brass $24.00 100

Of course the bullets are the same price, but you will save on the powder using the WSM as I understand it uses much less.

When purchasing though, (Remington 700 Sendero) how can you go wrong with the 300 Win Mag? Tried and true........ For YEARS!

325 wsm

I have both a 300 win mag and a 325 wsm. The only benefits to the 325 wsm is you can but a heavier bullet in it than you can in a 300 wsm because of the increase in bore size. It is also slightly better ballistically but for hunting it is probably negligible. The 325 wsm also has a short and slightly lighter action than that of the 300 win mag making it lighter to carry in the field (again probably negligible). What i liked about the 325 wsm is that you can put a 225 grain bullet in it or a 165 grain. That makes it much more versatile than the 300wsm which I think only takes a 180 grain max. If you hunt in Alaska or other places with brown bears and caribou it may make sense to switch froma 165 to a 225 depending on what you see in the field.

325 wsm

if a 180 grain bullet out of a 300wsm isnt adequte enough for north america then i think i better stay in the house Laugh Laugh Laugh

325 wsm

Just got a new rifle in 300 WSM. Brass was about $30 for 200 once fired shells. Not cheap, but it will keep the rifle going for a while. Haven't had a chance to shoot yet, cause I'm waiting on scope rings Brick Wall,) . Powder usage should be about 7% less than a standard 300 win mag, from the loading data i've seen. Why is it said this load only handles 180 gr. bullets? I've seen data for atleast 200 grs. It's hard to beat a 30 cal. for bullet choices. The drawback to the 325, in my opinion, is that to achieve the same muzzle velocity and bullet trajectory of a 300 WSM you have to give up some of your BC, thus possibly increasing wind drift. The advantage, it probably behaves like a 338 mag on dangerous game, instead of a 300. Just passed up a 338 today built on a custom mauser action Brick Wall,) Brick Wall,) Brick Wall,) . Mortgage payment or 338 custom mauser?

325 wsm

You will not regret the 300 WSM. I've seen factory ammo at the same price as the 300 win and the brass that I've found is only slightly more expensive (and a negligible cost in my book since it gets used over and over). I also travel a lot and there isn't a problem locating the 300 WSM ammo anywhere I've been (not that I've ever needed to anyway). It's nice getting rid of the long barrel and shortening up the action a bit too without sacrificing the magnum power. All those little things add up into a nice rifle - certainly the best 'all around' rifle that I've had.

325 wsm

It gets my vote.
Will end up loading some 200gnTSX's,but not after I see how well these 200gn factory Accubond's hold up.

This cal makes allot of sense in a light handy Elk/Moose/Sambar deer cal IMO.Shoots flat-as/hits hard,all in some very nice choices.
A-bolt Ti on it's way,he he he cool .