56 replies [Last post]
she is on top of the world as

she is on top of the world as for me sleepy is an understatement i have been in the woods from sunup to sundown all but 2 days of this hunting season trying to make sure the freezer is full enough for the year. she used my 30-06 with no problem her only complaint was that the butt was against the metal clip on her bibs which kinda pinched her shoulder when she shot.she wants us to have it mounted to hang in her bedroom which were gonna do. because we have always told our kids that we would mount there first deer. my first was a doe also and she is still hanging in my living room. at this point destiny is way ahead of me it took me 10 years of hunting before getting my first and it only took her a little over a month.i think shes hooked for life at this point. now hopfully tomorrow i can sleep in the blind while she watches for the deer lol

Topgun 30-06's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Told ya so!!!  She just

Told ya so!!!  She just needed to be relaxed and not have enough time to think too much about the task at hand.  She's a cutie with a great smile (must get that from Mama, LOL!) and that's a real nice doe she got.  I'd be willing to bet that now that she knows she can do it that the pressure is off and it won't be the last deer she takes.  Happy New year to her and good for you for getting her into our sport!

yep and the more i think

yep and the more i think about i wonder if i am part of the reason she missed the first couple. because with them we had plenty of time and i sat there telling her to just relax and breath and reminding her to squeeze the trigger not pull. the one she finally shot came running in and i didn't have any time to talk to her about it other then to say it was a doe and to take the shot. so maybe i was working her up. shes still walking around the house with a huge smile on her face has pics of her deer everywhere she goes showing it off. now we just found 20 acres 2 minutes from our house that we might be buying so she'll have alot more time in the blind if the deal goes thru. i think i will try out the .243 next year myself the more i think about it i hate the thought of having it in the gun case just for target use. i'm also gonna try out the neck shot a buddy of mine will only shoot a deer in the neck and has them drop in there tracks everytime doing so. almost forgot the taxidermist that is mounting destiny's doe has won the state compititions in the past so were looking forward to seeing it when it's done

My first year hunting...

I want to start off with saying ive always wanted to hunt but was never able to, until this year. I have tagged 3 doe and still have yet to tag a buck, maybe better luck next season. Anywho, I agree with everyone else with that the scope got bumped. I harvested 2 of my 3 does with a Remington .243. One was shot about 126 yards and ran about 10-15 yards and dropped. The other was shot about 110 yards and dropped in its tracks. I believe the .243 is completely capable of downing a deer.

wasn't a scope problem

wasn't a scope problem because i can still hit bullseyes with it all day long. i'm guessing it was just the excitement and that they both took bad shots with it

After reading further i found

After reading further i found out she had 'the fever' i still get that. Even if i see a deer i cant harvest. I just have to remember to breath and calm down.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Does lots of bear mean few deer and vice versa?mufan1204/27/2007 09:26 am
deer season is almost heresn_lhy208/03/2008 18:40 pm
How do you make a Deer ham?Wood Demon012/03/2005 19:47 pm
Colorado Mule Deerzilla69_98506/28/2014 13:36 pm
PSE BOWSSKSHUNTER711/11/2006 18:12 pm