12 replies [Last post]
cowgal's picture
20/20's anti-gun propaganda

ABC and 20/20 are flooding us with anti-gun propaganda. Tonight's 20/20 had yet another show "If I Only Had a Gun" detailing the horrors of guns. In fact take a look at 20/20's homepage:
http://abcnews.go.com/2020
All gun related stories and videos.

My husband watched about 15 minutes and refused to watch anymore. He walked out of the room - said it made him sick. I watch programs like this, so I will know what we're dealing with. The public is being hammered daily with this type of anti-gun message. Its only a matter of time before the uneducated and uninformed public starts demanding that "something be done" about those awful guns.

New anti-gun legislation is most definitely coming.

expatriate's picture

And yet the media tries to claim it's nonpartisan. That's why I don't watch 20/20 and rarely watch network TV. This is a big reason why MSM outlets are failing all over the country. People want to get information, not spin.

“The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over” -- Joseph Goebbels

cowgal's picture

I don't like watching these types of news programs either, however I do feel we need to stay informed. We can't live in our own bubble. Millions of people are watching these programs and it will affect us in the end.

And yes... they keep repeating them, and repeating them....

I'm sorry to say I think you are correct Cowgal. I also think Obama will be worse than Clinton ever was. Clinton at least pretended to be a sportsman at first. Obama has never even tried.

expatriate's picture

Clinton? Try Carter.

I think I might stock up on a few thousand rounds of amo and a couple of black rifles, they'll probably be going door to door with the gun census soon.

Quote:
We can't live in our own bubble

Then don't.

20/20 is just another program for geriatrics. Watch Rachael Madow, or read Kos. Progressives don't use their grandparent's news sources.

I'll let you all in on a secret. There might be a couple of congressman all het up over guns but in general Democrats don't care. It's not a question of being able to, we just have other things we're interested in. Guns are about number 356 on the list of things to deal with, maybe lower.

If we were to be totaly cynical we'd say liberal gun laws (sorry to use that word) rid the world of far more conservatives and their families than they do others. Now if you all are feeling a little blue over the way things are going lately I want you to give all of your collection of Uzis to a trusted freind, likewise if your feeling just a little extra angry at the wife.

pangolin wrote:
I think I might stock up on a few thousand rounds of amo and a couple of black rifles, they'll probably be going door to door with the gun census soon.

How many times have I got to tell you, I already have stocked up on Ammo and have a couple of Black guns.
Question is have you?

expatriate's picture

KOS... Laugh Laugh You're right...today's liberals don't have to rely on their grandparent's news sources; they can make up their own. They don't even have the guts to call themselves what they are (liberal). They had to coin the word "progressive" to put a more appealing spin on it and feel better about themselves. But the problem is that there's no progress -- it's all about restriction.

cowgal's picture

Pangolin, it doesn't matter if you watch 20/20 or any major network news. What does matter is that many people DO watch and that shapes public opinion.

I suggest you start watching a real news source - like FOX! Kos doesn't count, they're just a bunch of nutjob left winger liberals. They don't know what news is! Neither does Maddow. She's just a comedian!

I have to agree with Expatriate, progressive is a strange term to use by all you liberals.

Quote:
many people DO watch and that shapes public opinion

Well we don't want to talk about public opinion do we?

I'd think any half delusional winger would stay away from public opinion (except for a certain 15%) Next we'll be bringing up Public Opinion Polls, stay way away from that, danger, toxic, news you dont' want to hear.

You should do a little reading cowgal, at the same time newspapers are dying online content is skyrocketing. And the people who get their info online is the 18 to 35 demographic, the segment that will be voting for a long time to come.

The age for all sources of TV news is very old. We're dying, and smart informed young people are going to take over, Obama's the first.

Think about it. There are twenty times as many second amenders on Kos than here. And Kos is a Democratic web site. The right isn't underrepresented on line, they're not even there. I watch Fox, on Kos, via you tube, as well as MSNBC, CBS, WHAtever.

cowgal's picture

If you paid attention to my posts, you'd know that I watch very little to no TV. I get most of my news online and some from print.

No need to be condescending, I read a lot more than most people and a much larger variety. I'm not stuck on Kos and wiki.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Anti-fogging gel/sprayhawkeye270009/05/2010 16:06 pm
Jesse Jackson coordinates anti-gun demonstrationsWhelland308/28/2007 20:31 pm
Join the Anti Peta group We Eat PETA FOR LUNCHelkslayer338406/23/2007 08:44 am
NRAjfrench111/15/2008 12:13 pm
Colorado Bear Tooth-Age Data Postedhawkeye270004/15/2009 14:51 pm