10 replies [Last post]
HOGGETTER's picture
2015 AZ Spring draw

Online apps open for a few more weeks for Javilina, Bear and Buffalo. I usually wait till the last minute but i'm haeded to Nv deer hunting. Good luck in the draw!!!!

Critter's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
I got mine and a buddies in

I got mine and a buddies in last week when they first opened up the on line application.  I do have to give them a call, I looked at my hunting license and it is a 365 day license from the date of purchase so it will expire before next October.  It's no biggie since I get one every year but I could get stuck in limbo land if I need a hunting license along with the hunting tag if I do draw my deer tag and don't decide to do the spring hunts. 

I know that it usually isn't needed on the javelina but good luck on the draw. 

prhunter's picture
I just put in for me and a

I just put in for me and a friend for the AZ Javelina HAM hunt. Units 28, 29, 30 & 31. We'll see what happens.

Critter's picture
Odds are you will draw your

Odds are you will draw your first choice.  In the last 21 years of putting in for the HAM season we have always drew our first choice and there are usually left overs for all the units. 

I'll be hunting in 37B during the HAM season. 

Good Luck

HOGGETTER's picture
I forgot to state

I put in for archery javilina unit 42+ its pretty much a easy draw and you can get a OTC adchery deer tag at the same time.

prhunter's picture
Good luck to you too

We couldn't close the deal in NM this past spring so we're giving AZ a try.

BikerRN's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Leftover

I'll wait and get a leftover tag. 

prhunter's picture
Just found out I got drawn

Just found out I got drawn for Javelina in AZ. Unit 28.

Anyone familiar with this unit????

Critter's picture
I have driven through it but

I have driven through it but never hunted it. 

The best advise is the same that I gave you for your hunt in NM. Get up high and glass.  Watch the draws and if you are hiking then get down into them near the bottom and hike slowly as you watch up ahead of yourself.  If there are two of you place a hunter on both sides of the draw and hike slowly watching the bottom and each other.  If there are a lot of sandy washes then look for tracks.  if you see some continue in the wash and see if they are cutting back and forth traveling or feeding before seeing if you want to go after them. 

We also drew our HAM season tags for 37B again this year and will be down there in February having fun again. 

Good luck this year. 

prhunter's picture
Good luck to you too. What

Good luck to you too. What will be your weapon of chioce?

I will be using my in-line muzzleloader as well as my Ruger Blackhawk (in case I have a shot at close range).

Critter's picture
I'll be packing my Thompson

I'll be packing my Thompson Contender in 7-30 Waters shooting a 120 grain Nosler Balistic Tip along with one of my pistols. 

My hunting partner usually packs a Thompson Contender in .223.