14 replies [Last post]
Trapper62's picture
2014 Mule Deer Pictures. - Let's see'em!

A few years back there was a post about the years mule deer harvests and it was fun to look at them.  I am from ND and it takes on average 4-6 years to draw a resident mule deer tag.  Well I got lucky and drew on year 3.  I hunted the last week hoping the rut would be on and it was, lots of nice deer were passed on the first day out there.  I have taken some nice heavy racked Mulie but have yet to connect on a nice wide one.  When this one presented its self I just couldn't pass him up.  He ended up at 30 3/8" inside and has a neat 4" sticker on the left antler.  He wouldn't score up very well, but that isn't all that important to me.

Not a great photo, but when you hunt alone they always get to be of just the deer!

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg31.29 KB
elkkill06's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
2014 Muledeer

Congrats on a great buck Trapper ! I already posted all of ours for this year, but i will share them here also. This is our 2014 MuleySeason !

Dad's buck

My buck

My daughter's buck

My oldest son's buck

My youngest son's buck

Quinton

Trapper62's picture
Great pix, nothing better

Great pix, nothing better than making hunting a family affair!  Thanks for posting!

Ca_Vermonster's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
Beauty of a buck Trapper!!

Beauty of a buck Trapper!!

Good job again. It seems like

Good job again. It seems like you and your family limit out every year. You have this muley hunting dialed in. 

What a beauty mule deer. I

What a beauty mule deer. I took my first one this season. Just a doe though. Turned into some pretty delicious jerky though.

Nice Deer

Great deer Trapper62, and a lot of other good photos of harvested deer here too. I bet there are a lot of memories in the pics on this thread.

One thing I can attest to is this ::: The number on a measuring tape will never ever be a deciding factor to whether i had a good hunt. It's more about memories , friends , aquaintences and good times with great people. The harvested animal is just a bonus for me.

I am not one of those guys that has to harvest a book animal on every hunt to make it a great hunt, thats just ME

WishIWasHunting's picture
My contribution

Here is my deer from 2014!  

PreviewAttachmentSize
PC130506.JPG
PC130506.JPG3.4 MB
elkkill06's picture
Congrats !!

Congrats on a great buck WishIWasHunting !

Quinton

WishIWasHunting's picture
Thanks!

Thanks!  Not quite a Quinton-Class buck, but a quality buck and meat in the freezer!

That is some impressive family success on display for you as well!

2014 Nevada buck

Here is a pic of my 2014 Nevada buck.

PreviewAttachmentSize
DSCN1219.JPG
DSCN1219.JPG712.76 KB