28 replies [Last post]
SGM
SGM's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
I just did my tags too and

I just did my tags too and now the long wait to see what we get. This year is ML deer and cow elk for both the wife and I. All other critters are pref points. Good luck to all on the draw and look forward to seeing who draws what tags.

BleuBijou's picture
my only problem

My only problem is i sent in for turkey point and habitat stamp. Got my refund .When I sent in for Moose, Deer, Bear etc and they took more money for another habitat stamp. I called and they said I have the stamp from the TURKEY, but I would have to wait until after the deer draw to fill out an app to get my other habitat stamp money back. Maybe I will just donate it to the program to bring some chukars over on this side of the hills!! As long as it does not go to PARKS I will be fine. I just can't believe the computer would not catch the problem!!! Not the end of the world however!!! GOOD LUCK HUNTING FRIENDS!!!!!!

Critter's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
I noticed that on the habitat

I noticed that on the habitat stamp also.  I already have one from my currant hunting and fishing license and thought that was good enough.  But since I'll have to purchase a new hunting/fishing license in a month I'll find out if I actually need a new one or not.  I can see where it would be confusing for a non resident that only wants a hunting license. 

I didn't mention but I'll draw my unit 61 muzzle loader elk tag this year and my fall back archery deer tag.  That is all I have for Colorado this year since any other tag would conflict with the tags that I should draw in Utah as long as they don't cut tag numbers again. 

I should do ok. The cow tag

I should do ok. The cow tag is 100%. The buck tag is only 50% chance, but the 2nd pick is 100%. The whitetail tags are OTC, and good for 1 1/2 months. I may add a bear tag which is 100% too. Nice tag too. It's good for the whole month of Sept.

BleuBijou's picture
good luck

Both you guy's sound like your seasons are going to be great with the smokepoles!!! I put in for Moose with Muzzleloader and a buck tag down in 69. The rest I put in points because of my back fusion a week ago. I thought I would just put in for the easier tags for my Daughter again this year not knowing how the back will be doing. She missed 2 shots last year on her cow. She is chomping at the bit already.

Point for Deer and elk, with OTC Archery Elk for me. I will put my daughters in for points for deer and elk as a first choice and a cow tag, for my oldest, as a second choice. They are taking the internet conclusion course on Saturday. I am still mulling, which cow tag.

COMeatHunter's picture
I was planning a pretty busy

I was planning a pretty busy year for my son and I. Muzzle deer (and maybe a leftover muzzle elk too), first rifle elk, 2nd season deer, third rifle elk, late season elk and Nebraska whitetails. Putting all this on the calendar in February figuring out how we can make all the dates work must have had an impact on my daughter. She decided she wanted to go hunting too and rather than just talk about it, found a hunter's safety class she wanted to attend and asked if I would take her! Great surprise! But with that had to re-jigger the hunting plans so I could get a good antelope hunt in there for my daughter and an elk hunt hunt for each kid separately. (My son was concerned he'd have to sacrifice the quality of his hunt for his little sister.) So we ended up putting in for Wyoming antelope, first rifle elk, third rifle elk, late season elk and we'll see if we can still do Nebraska whitetails all together. Overall, should be another great year and looking forward to having my daughter in the field for the first time!

Retired2hunt's picture
That is one heck-of-a planned

That is one heck-of-a planned hunting season.  Congrats and enjoy the time with your son and daughter!

That would wear me out. I

That would wear me out. I like to put 100% effort in just a couple of hunts.

Critter's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
That is where I like being

That is where I like being retired and not having to show up at a job for anything.  I can enjoy multiple hunts or help out a friend or relative when they give me a call for help.