20 replies [Last post]
elkkill06's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
2014 2nd Season Muley Hunt

Dad and I had another great muley hunt. It was a very warm season, but we stiil seen up to 25 deer every day with 5-6 being bucks. The best buck we found was on opening day around 8:30 in the morning. Dad got to within 90 yards of him, but was not comfortable with the shot and did not take it. That evening we found the buck again, but dad missed him at 213 yards shooting just in front of him (buck fever set in a little).  ;) He did end up taking a great little 2x2 on Wednesday morning.

Then on Wednsday evening we headed back out to check the area where the big buck was and he was back. I got to within 150 yards of him and made it count.

We put another great hunt on the books and I am looking forward to 3rd season now. All three of my kids have 3rd season buck tags and it should be great. Good luck to all still hunting !

Quinton

brun's picture
Great buck Quinton. Thanks

Great buck Quinton. Thanks for the pics and the story. Good luck third season.

970TBONE's picture
Nice buck Quinton! Glad you

Nice buck Quinton! Glad you had a good hunt with your dad.

elkkill06's picture
Thanks !!

Thanks for the great comments guys !

Critter's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
Looks like you had a great

Looks like you had a great week and got it done.  But on a more important item congradulations on the grandbaby. 

SGM
SGM's picture
Congratulations to you and

Congratulations to you and your dad on another fine hunt. Very cool you still get to hunt with him. Hope someday you can all get out with the new member of the family and get a hunt in. Only 12 years to go! Dancing

Striker's picture
Congrats

Congrats on the nice bucks. We need to sstart calling you guys the old reliables because you guys are alwasy pulling through and filling your tags. Good job.

elkkill06's picture
Thanks to all !

Thanks very much guys on the congrats ! My little grand daughter (Sabrina) will be hunting with us this next week so I should be able to share a pic of her with some deer if all goes well.

Quinton

RUFFNECK's picture
congrats! meat in the freezer

congrats! meat in the freezer and another season hunting with your dad you cant beat that!

Great job and sounds like a

Great job and sounds like a great time with your family, congrats!!  Thanks for sharing. 

nice buck Quinton!

nice buck Quinton!