15 replies [Last post]
elkkill06's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
2013 Colorado 3rd season muley hunts

We have had a crazy season so far with my son and brother missing 2 very large bucks opening day. I did not have time off from work so I had to leave Sunday. My son stayed hunting with my dad and his friend Justin.

I was sent a picture earlier today of Justin with a great little 2x2. Then I received the call around 4:30 pm that Jacob had just taken a great buck and I could tell from his voice he was very excited and proud. I could not be happier as it is a super buck and his best buck to date. Congrats son !

My brother is headed back up tomorrow to see if he can get on the giant buck we got on last Saturday and if he can not find him by Friday I will head back up to help this weekend.

Quinton

Ca_Vermonster's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
Man, that second deer looks

Man, that second deer looks like a tank!!!!!  That thing is thick!  And the rack seems almost bladed.  Very nice!!!!

Thanks Quinton!  Good luck to your brother.....

Aaron77's picture
Great report

I think you guys are single handedly helping CPW meet their muley quotas. Nice bucks. Were they with does yet/rut? Nice job

elkkill06's picture
Rutting activity

Aaron77 wrote:
I think you guys are single handedly helping CPW meet their muley quotas. Nice bucks. Were they with does yet/rut? Nice job

Thanks for the great comments guys ! Thumbs up Yes they are starting to rut, but the big boys we missed have not come back with the does yet. Sick

My brother took his buck today. It is not the monster, but he could not be happier.

My buddy Ken also connected on a great buck in a different unit yesterday.

Congrats to all and good luck to those still out there hunting.

Quinton

970TBONE's picture
Nice bucks. I like the mass

Nice bucks. I like the mass on your buddy kens buck. I haven"t pulled the trigger yet. I've seen a lot of young bucks and they've been chasing does every morning. I hope a good one shows up a whoops em pretty soon.

WishIWasHunting's picture
More congrats! You and your

More congrats! You and your family do a great job of inflating the success rates in the units you hunt. If ExBio was still doing his Western Hunting Data, he would have to normalize his statistics for your hunting success. With all the impressive animals you guys take, I am not sure if I want to hunt the same units as you or not. On one hand, you prove that there are some great animals in those units. On the other hand, you prove there were some great animals in those units. Confused Thumbs up Hmmm.....

Ca_Vermonster's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
Geez Quinton, "not a

Geez Quinton, "not the monster"?????  I will settle for that less than average deer next year, no problem...... Wink

SoCoKHntr's picture
Hot Dog

Very nice bucks. Again, congrats to all the hunters! Getting me real pumped heading out the 15, 16, and 17, and then again the weekend after Thanksgiving if need be. Your threads are all the motivation I need to get after it!

elkkill06's picture
Thanks

Thanks again for the wonderful comments everyone ! Dancing

Sean,

You can take a buck like my brothers if you so choose..... Unsure

Quinton

awesome bucks... what did

awesome bucks... what did kens buck tape out at... he is huge

SGM
SGM's picture
Great looking buck and

Great looking buck and congratulations to all the hunters. Again looks like you and your family had a terrific hunting season and a freezer full to enjoy thru the year.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Any opinions on the early season muley hunts ?Springsman1004/20/2010 13:47 pm
Remount and son's Christmas presentelkkill06403/11/2014 15:55 pm
Eastern Colorado Deercomulies09101/19/2010 20:22 pm
colorado lion huntsswollen tongue301/26/2006 09:41 am
first archery elk hunt in coloradowhitetailfreak1104/09/2011 22:47 pm