24 replies [Last post]
Oletrapper's picture
2012 KY, Fall, East Ky Bull Elk Tag up for grabs!

Hi everyone,

I am proud to announce that the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources Commission has awarded its second Bull Elk Tag to our N. KY. Chapter #481 Quail Unlimited. This tag is for the 2012 Fall Season and again is good in any zone for any legal weapon.

Our QU Chapter is going to raffle this tag as we did with the first one earlier this year. The only thing required is a resident or non-resident hunting license if you should win. All elk permit fees, ($30.00 resident) and ($365.00 non-resident) have been waived.

Tickets are being sold now and all proceeds will be used to further our conservation projects. There will be only 200 tickets sold and they are $100.00 per ticket. You can email or PM me if interested. Also, go to QU's website (www.qu.org) for verification if you would like. We did that so people would know that this is a legitimate project. More information is there and it is currently the 3RD item down on QU's home page. Drawing will be held at Elk Creek Sporting Clays in Owenton, KY. April 28, 2012 at 5:00pm. Each entrant will be notified of the name, city and state of the winner. The winner will be notified by registered mail.

If you participate in our 2012 fundraiser prior to December 31, 2011, that donation may be deducted on your 2011 tax filing. QU is a 501-C-3 non-profit organization.

Good hunting to all, Robert Smith, N. Ky. Chapter #481 QU aka Oletrapper

Ca_Vermonster's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
Wow, that's not bad.  If I

Wow, that's not bad.  If I lived back east I would give it a try.

$100 for a 1 in 200 chance at a kentucky bull elk tag?  That's much better odds than most of the other draws out that way, if I am correct.

Thanks for posting that up.  Maybe someone from here will jump on that opportunity and score a tag.... Wink

hunter25's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
It is a great opportunity but

It is a great opportunity but Those odds are still way too long for me. But if I remember correctly the actual draw odd are many times worse if you just apply. I just don't like thinking of loosing my hundred bucks if I don't get it. If I lived closer though I might be tempted to give it a try as it is a great opportunity for a historic hunting experience.

Oletrapper's picture
Odds

hunter25 wrote:

It is a great opportunity but Those odds are still way too long for me. But if I remember correctly the actual draw odd are many times worse if you just apply. I just don't like thinking of loosing my hundred bucks if I don't get it. If I lived closer though I might be tempted to give it a try as it is a great opportunity for a historic hunting experience.

Hunter25, Thanks for your reply. Great odds at 1 in 200. State elk tag lottery is 1 in about 50,000. Then you still have to buy your tag. We alreadly have the tag. Only thing needed is a non-resident hunting license. All other fees have been waived. And the neat thing is that all proceeds go right back into conservation. On our earlier fundraiser we netted $14,970.00 and have spent every dime of it. Send me an email and I will send you our flyer in the hopes that you may know someone who would be interested. Our biggest problem thus far is simply getting the word out there.  Thanks again,  Robert Smith, aka Oletrapper

Oletrapper's picture
Thank you

1 email today. wants to enter. Thanks biggamehunt.net!

GooseHunter Jr's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Not a bad deal but I already

Not a bad deal but I already have some plans for 2012 that I hope to turn out to be huge plans.  But I just may have to keep this in mind for a bit...$100 per ticket is rather steep but it is for a good tag. 

Oletrapper's picture
I understand.

I understand GooseHunter Jr, 1 in 200 odds but participation is considered a donation and is tax deductible. Our earlier tag for this years season, which is underway, grossed $14,970.00. Every dime went right back into conservation. Below is our financial report which was submitted to the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources. Please feel free to share.  Thanks,  OT

N.KY QUAIL UNLIMITED CHAPTER #481

2011 Bull Elk Special Commission Permit Fund Raiser

FINANCIAL REPORT

Gross Revenue                         $16,115.00

Expenses

Advertisement                               $545.00

Taxidermy                                    $600.00

Net Income                                          $14,970.00

Projects Funded:

1. Purchase of one Demco 300 gallon pull behind sprayer, 21’ booms, PTO driven. To be stored at Lloyd WMA and administered by Clay Smitson for use in wildlife habitat projects. -                                                        $6,200.00

2. Sending youths to Camp Webb -                       $1,000.00

3. Seed distribution -                                         $5,770.00

4. Jakes/Covey Day Event                               $2,000.00

Total Project costs -                           $14,970.00

GooseHunter Jr wrote:

Not a bad deal but I already have some plans for 2012 that I hope to turn out to be huge plans.  But I just may have to keep this in mind for a bit...$100 per ticket is rather steep but it is for a good tag. 

Oletrapper's picture
Thank you.

1 email request today thanks to biggamehunt.net. Thank you.  OT

Oletrapper's picture
Thank you biggamehunt.net

1 entry in todays mail. Thank you BillyG. Your information is on its way. Good luck in the draw.

Yours in conservation, Robert Smith, N. Ky. Chapter #481 Quail Unlimited

Oletrapper wrote:

1 email request today thanks to biggamehunt.net. Thank you.  OT

Oletrapper's picture
Thank you BGH

One more request for information this morning.

Oletrapper's picture
Thank you BigGameHunt

One entry received yesterday. Were getting there. Tickets are going pretty fast so if anyone is interested, please PM or email me so I can reserve a ticket for you.

Yours in conservation, Robert Smith, N. Ky. Chapter #481 Quail Unlimited

Related Forum Threads You Might Like