18 replies [Last post]
rowdycwby1's picture
2012 hunts are in

Just put in for my deer and elk hunts in for this year and man it was easier then I thought it was going to be with all the rule changes! Any one else put in yet?

rowdycwby1's picture
Sorry about the multiple

Sorry about the multiple posting not sure why that happend..

hunter25's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Haven't done any yet. Got

Haven't done any yet. Got Wyoming mostly planned out and just need to fill in the blanks. Colorado is pretty consistent but don't even have the book for here yet.

I applied for Oryx and antelope last year in New Mexico but not sure if funds will allow this time. Low chance draws anyway but I hate to miss it.

brokenarrow's picture
march??

i gotta wait untill mid march thats when apps come out in nevada, im thinkin about applying for elk in utah this year, but we'll see how that goes.

Ca_Vermonster's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
Well, our local deadline is

Well, our local deadline is not till June 2nd here.  I will put in for the normal Deer, elk, and desert bighorn, and as for out of state, I will go to Vermont for whitetail, and maybe take Vince up on his Coues deer offer. 

When is the deadline for that Vince?

Critter's picture
Arizona's deer draw in is

Arizona's deer draw in is June unless they change it. 

I thought that you were going to make a pilgrimage up to Colorado this year or is that trip a bust? 

Ca_Vermonster's picture
Well, that was the plan. 

Well, that was the plan.  However, my Dad said that he'd rather continue the tradition of the opener in Vermont, and truthfully, not knowing how many more hunts we'll get together, I will choose to hunt with Dad every time. 

So, I can't do that AND a full week in Colorado. I will do Vermont, and I have a little time where I can sneak in a 2-3 day trip.  Plus, Arizona is only a 7 hour drive, versus 14 or so to CO. 

I think I will put in for a point in CO, so that I can consider it next year with 2 points for deer.

Of course, all that changes if I win the lottery and can quit y job, then I will be in CO for sure this fall.... Wink

lol

prhunter's picture
I haven't put my app in yet

I haven't put my app in yet but I'll do it soon. If I don't get drawn for my elk hunt I'll probable get one of those left over muzzleloader tags like this past season. Good luck to you. Hope you get drawn. Thumbs up

Which elk hunts did you end up putting in for??? Lemme know.

rowdycwby1's picture
Hey Prhunter I'll save you a

Hey Prhunter I'll save you a spot for yur tent and the beer will be on ice if you don't get your elk tag...Mybe we can find waldo's bigger brother!

prhunter's picture
Sounds Good!!!

Sounds Good!!! Waldos brother is still outthere. 

Lemme know if you get drawn on your elk. I have some time off in sept and could probably give you a hand up there calling elk and packing the meat out.

rowdycwby1's picture
I'll call you and let you

I'll call you and let you know when we find out!

Related Forum Threads You Might Like