52 replies [Last post]
ManOfTheFall's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Got to the sign up for

Got to the sign up for archery contest post and and sign up for the contest there.

deerhunter30's picture
Cant seem to find were to

Cant seem to find were to sign up. i would love to enter the contest.i hunt land in iowa and deer season starts Oct.1st. i would love to show the deer i shot last year but i just need to figure out how to post it.

numbnutz's picture
Looks like you found the sign

Looks like you found the sign up thread and welcome. To post a picture just start a thread, towards the bottom of the page with be a tab that says "attach"click down there and find on your computer where it is , select it and there you go.

Attach files to this comment

Files must be smaller than 4 MB and have one of the following extensions: jpg jpeg gif png txt doc xls pdf ppt pps odt ods odp.

this is what the attch part looks like at the bottom

deerhunter30's picture
This is the deer I shot late

This is the deer I shot late october in the peak of are rut. Its a nice tall 10pt. never did get it scored but he is on the wall in the livingroom.

PreviewAttachmentSize
Jakes Deer 2011.jpg
Jakes Deer 2011.jpg464.81 KB
ManOfTheFall's picture
Congratulations, that is a

Congratulations, that is a very nice looking buck!!!!!

deerhunter30's picture
Thank you. Shot that buck in

Thank you. Shot that buck in Tipton, IA. I have a friend that owns 75 acres up there. It isn't a whole lot of land but we have a nice big clover field in the back surrrounded by corn field. We don't own the corn but we sure do get a loy of bucks coming in and out of the corn to munch on some clover. The people who own the corn will let us shoot into there field as long as we are not flipping arrows 100 yards out. The rest of the land is also great. It's about 50% alfaalfa and 50% woods.We have got alot of nice pics of some really  nice deer but them big ones are really elusive.

deerhunter30's picture
I have really been having

I have really been having really good luck with placing my deer stands higher in the tree than my normal 15ft. I now place them about 25-30ft wich is about as high as i like to go. It seems u can move a little bit more and it gives you a much better veiw.

ManOfTheFall's picture
Most of my stands are in the

Most of my stands are in the 18-25 foot range. I like the higher stands as well.

ManOfTheFall's picture
Let's start voting on the

Let's start voting on the rules. I say we go with buck only. We include whitetails, muleys, and blacktails. I vote for 1st buck taken and I think it should only be on unguided fairchase hunts. I don't think paid hunts should be allowed either, even if they are unguided or fair chase. If you are going on a paid hunt you already have an unfair advantage. You should provide a picture of yourself, your bow, and whole buck in the picture. If there is anything anyone would like to add feel free to do so. If you want to vote differently feel free to do so as well. Majority will rule. Let the voting begin.

ManOfTheFall's picture
I forgot to say gross green

I forgot to say gross green score, archery equipment only, and we should have a signup deadline. One week before the earliest season starts. Then, if there are late comers and if a teams are uneven or someone fails to check in, the late comers could be added on. Last year we had some sign up then we never heard from them again. We need to participate to make this a better and more entertaining contest.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like