52 replies [Last post]
WishIWasHunting's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
I like it.  I think CO

I like it.  I think CO archery deer starts 8/20, or somewhere around there.  I have no clue about other states archery deer seasons. 

I checked myself, and it is actually 8/27 for the earliest start for CO archery deer.

ManOfTheFall's picture
For all of you interested in

For all of you interested in the archery contest we need your state and the opening date. Here in Ohio the season starts Saturday, September 24th. I think we need to put that deadline in place. Then like Bugs said if there are uneven teams we can use any latecomers to fill out the rosters. What we can do is have the deadline, then anyone that signs up after that date will be put on an alternate list. That way, if anyone that signed up doesn't check in to let the team know they are participating, or if there are uneven teams, we can pull from the alternate list. Opinions?

Bugs Bunny's picture
Sounds good to me.  My first

Sounds good to me.  My first bow season goes from september 17 - November 17

chrisp's picture
Well hopefully i'll dew

Well hopefully i'll dew better than last year,did'nt get squat last year with bow...boo-hoo....This year though it'll be just Fla,had to get off Ga lease...boo-hoo.....Have'nt picked up a Reg book yet,but i no it'll be late september,i'll get one here real soon....One question,CrossBow's accepted?.

ManOfTheFall's picture
Yes, if crossbow's are legal

Yes, if crossbow's are legal in your state they are accepted. I have a compound and a crossbow and hunt with both. I like them both equally. They both have their own set of challenges.

numbnutz's picture
Yeah there needs to be a

Yeah there needs to be a deadline, after all its june that gives people almost 3 months to decide if they want to sign up or not. In Oregon Archery starts August 27th. Hopefully we can get enought people for atleast 5 per team, that will make thing a little funner. We should get a sign up thread going for people who already know if there gonna play.

Bugs Bunny's picture
yeah we should start a sign

yeah we should start a sign up thread and maybe more people will join because they have more time to see it.

chrisp's picture
Kool...This year we can use

Kool...This year we can use crossbow's durin archery....That help's my wife get out there a lil earlier.Thumbs up

sdwolfden's picture
SD archery season

Our season starts on 9/24/2011 and ends 1/15/2012.

stillrollin300's picture
Im up for this contest.  This

Im up for this contest.  This will be the first year I try and take a whitetail with a bow so I must admit im pretty excited.  I am ok with team or solo, either way I will ask for advice Thumbs up

North Carlina hasn't updated thier time frame yet as last years rules and reg book doesn't expire until 7/31.  However, last year bow season started on 9/11/10

Related Forum Threads You Might Like