7 replies [Last post]
2011 WA Turkeys Round 1

Took the boys out yesterday for our first day of turkey hunting.  Didn't find any birds but that’s ok.  Next weekend is our serious attempt at setting up and calling in some thunder chickens.  Today was all about getting the boys out and getting Gabe some practice because he insist on shooting his first animal with his bow.  He is only 10 so he gets distracted by all the little critters moving out there as you can see by the pictures.  Playing with frogs, salamanders and snakes.

The boys looking for frogs 

stump shooting

water snake

aidan

salamander

Gabe shooting

We hope to have some pictures of some birds on the ground next weekend.  Wish us luck

elkkill06's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Good luck Cuz !!!

Conrad,

I can't see your pics ! Huh? You need to click on the little tree on the top line when making a comment and use the direct link on your photobucket.

Good luck to you and your youngsters on filling some turkey tags.

Quinton

I was wondering why I

I was wondering why I couldn't see them... its been a couple days since my last picture post, they changed it up on me.  Its fixed now, thanks Q

HOGGETTER's picture
Very Cool

Good Luck and have fun

Didnt get to see any birds...

Didnt get to see any birds... however... we had 3 different toms sounding off but nothing showed up. 

We did find out where the deer and elk are hanging out in WA.  We saw over a 100 elk and 100 deer.

Elk in the park...

elkkill06's picture
Lookin' Good !!!

Conrad,

It sounds like you gys are definately getting closer ! Yes Keep up the work and dedication and it will happen. As far as those elk and deer.... They are not stupid and they know where thay are safe. Laugh

I hope to see a couple turkeys in the next set of pics.

Quinton 

groovy mike's picture
Good luck!

Sounds like you are doing it right and getting the boys out there with the main goal of letting them enjoy it.  Keep them safe and have fun - everything else is a bonus!  Congratulations on having teh right focus and doing it teh way that it should be done! Thumbs up

groovy mike's picture
congrats on getting the boys out there !

Good luck to you and your youngsters on filling some turkey tags.  And  congrats on getting the boys out.  Doing it safe so they enjoy it and just getting them out there is the important part.  Keep at it and don’t worry about bagging birds too much, just have fun.  Holy smokes!  That’s a lot of deer and elk! WOW!  All last year we saw only ONE deer while turkey hunting.  And so far this year just ONE deer too.  You are definitely in a good game area.  You are making the rest of us jealous.  Keep at it!

Mike 

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
turkeys huntingsn_lhy606/02/2008 20:23 pm
7.62 nato 147 grain round VS federal .308 180 grainyankeehunter308806/14/2012 10:24 am
Where to hunt Spring turkeys in SW Montana?Sage of the Sage104/12/2006 12:30 pm
hunting from blindredrider103/24/2006 12:49 pm
bowhunting turkeyspsychowolverine1904/07/2006 18:40 pm