48 replies [Last post]
xcooper23x's picture
Drew again!

I got first choice elk for the third year in a row haha and got my third deer choice for a second time??? Well drawing is only half the battle to getting an elk hopefully I can score my first elk in unit 50! Anyone have any info on unit 50? I kind of know the unit and I heard it's decent just don't know the best place to start!

niceshot_smitty's picture
I guess i am just Lucky!  I

I guess i am just Lucky!  I got a Muzzleloader tag for bull elk in Unit 15 mid Oct.  Antelope tag bow and arrow in Unit 30 in Aug.  and Deer tag for unit 6 bow and arrow. most of Sept.  I feel really lucky about getting all three tags because they are hard to get in this state.  Hope to put up pictures later this fall.

Zim
Zim's picture
Nothing for deer, but I drew

Nothing for deer, but I drew my 3rd choice elk.  Archery bull in unit 45 Pecos Wilderness.  I was there last in 2001.  Looking forward to visiting our old spots again.

NM draw

I drew nearby 23 mz for bulls and my home unit 12 for deer. So far they have kept the Wallow fire out of NM for the most part,it is in 15 a little ways.Very smokey and all roads closed as is the forests. Praying for the monsoons to start,very dry.

Seems like every one is in a

Seems like every one is in a unit with fire.  I hope the rain start soon cause they are starting to close Forest roads and that makes it really hard to scout.  Plus living where i live the smoke is starting too get really old.  everything i own smells like i have been camping with it. 

unit 15

I am with Smitty,  Heard lots of elk in 15 but no clue where to start... Got 3rd week bow... should be nice and LOUD... anyone have a little help to offer where the elk are good???  I know Luna will be bad unless they get some rain to help with the fire... See the smoke here in ABQ.,,,

Any info will be great!!!

Thanks

still looking for info.  got

still looking for info.  got some help but it is hard to come by.  everyone said you will find the elk it is just getting close to them will be the challenge

Did any one get a tag  for

Did any one get a tag  for Ibex Or Barbary sheep?