48 replies [Last post]
walkin's picture
unsuccessful

Another goose egg,you guys that drew have a blast.... I need to either buy a Co muley tag or a NM elk tag

over-the-counter

Colorado has over-the-counter bull and cow tags in several units. Well they used to did, I didn't check this year.

Critter's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
Colorado has over the counter

Colorado has over the counter bull tags for a lot of units but the cow tags are limited, there are however some units where you can buy a tag for a cow over the counter as long as the limit hasn't been reached or for muzzle loader hunts in a lot of units.  Also a lot of the state is open to OTC either sex tags for archery.  All deer tags are draw tags and the ones left over usually are doe tags where you need permission to hunt of private property, there are also some buck tags but they are also mostly for hard to access or private property. 

Refund?

So when do I get my 200+ back. They took 760ish out of my account, but I didn't get a HD tag. I need some game bags, maybe a new knife, new waders(for fly fishing after I kill my bull Dancing ) and probably 7-12 other things I will spend that 200 on multiple times. lol

hunter25's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Well good luck to every one

Well good luck to every one that drew the tags down there. This was my first year to try but struck out on the Oryx in the early draw and now antelope in this one. The money will be good to have though as I'll just turn it around and buy my Texas hunting license with it. Pretty much even there.

So how com they send the successful guys an email but nothing at all to the guys that did not? At least I didn't get anything and had to log on to see the results of the draw. No big deal but you'd think it would work both ways.

970TBONE's picture
Thank You New Mexico!!  I

Thank You New Mexico!!  Big smile

I didn't draw 16D like I was hoping but did draw a elk tag september 11-18 in unit 13.

Any of you guys ever hunt 13? Are the elk starting to bugle by then like they do here in colorado or is the rut a little later?

I Also scored a 2B buck tag october 29 to november 2nd.

AlpineClimber's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
13 in September is all about the water

Find water, you'll find the Elk.  It will most likely be warm and dry.  Expect your Bulls to be up high and glass the heck out of every piece of shade.  Hopefully the monsoons bring in some moisture so you have a few areas to work with.  The spring and early summer to date have been extremely dry which usually produces a lot of broken tops come rut time.  Good Luck, 17 & 13 are always my first two choices and you drew a great hunt.

dustin ray's picture
000 for me but my son got 23

000 for me but my son got 23 burro mountain hunt jan 1-15 fawtd new area for us shoud be fun and we got somthing to do in jan.

good luck

dustin ray wrote:

000 for me but my son got 23 burro mountain hunt jan 1-15 fawtd new area for us shoud be fun and we got somthing to do in jan.

We outfit in the Burro's it's a pretty rugged area, good luck to you and your son.

Cobble's picture
i was unsuccessful in the NM

i was unsuccessful in the NM Draw, (also KY)... CO leftovers coming up, might try there somehwere.