48 replies [Last post]
I'm going hunting!

Got the email! Deer and ELK! At the same time. Oct 8-12 Didn't get drawn for the Gila "AGAIN" but never do. I do usually get a bull in 45, and did shoot my biggest buck ever in 45, some 33 years ago.

JSmitty's picture
Got Elk in 36 bp oct 8th, and

Got Elk in 36 bp oct 8th, and ONL Ibex nov 26th Dancing , no deer this year for the first time since 1974 Cry baby , or antelope now for about 25 years. Confused  

I think I need to apply for all the Once in a Lifetime tags that I can, I drew the Oryx onl in 08 first time to apply and now Ibex first time to apply Thumbs up

hunter25's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Congratulations on the Ibex,

Congratulations on the Ibex, I have heard that that can be the toughest of all to draw. I only applied for antelope but it says still pending so not sure if it's over or not.

Good luck to everyone that got the tags down there.Thumbs up

Maybe you need a non-resident co-applicant?

JSmitty wrote:

Got Elk in 36 bp oct 8th, and ONL Ibex nov 26th Dancing , no deer this year for the first time since 1974 Cry baby , or antelope now for about 25 years. Confused  

I think I need to apply for all the Once in a Lifetime tags that I can, I drew the Oryx onl in 08 first time to apply and now Ibex first time to apply Thumbs up

Maybe you should "team" with me next year. Dad, as a resident, used to hardly ever draw. As soon as he and I(the non-resident) started applying together on the same application, he started getting drawn. We hunted, and killed, the pronghorns out by Arkansas Junction and the bulls in 45 the last year he was alive. Been considering sharing my drawing luck with someone else after he passed. Maybe we should chat next year. If the new allocation doesn't kill my chances that is.

JSmitty's picture
Might have to try that

Might have to try that Arkansas Junction is only about 25 miles from my house.

Ca_Vermonster's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
Very cool Smiity.  It will be

Very cool Smiity.  It will be fun to see the report of the Ibex hunt!!!

How's that zone for elk, by the way?

AlpineClimber's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Drew Unit 17 Deer!

Got the Email around 4.  Deer in November to go with my Oryx tag in February.  Thank you New Mexico!!!  I can set up camp on my property in Magdalena and love every minute of it!

yemtig's picture
Unit 51 elk here I come!

Drew unit 51 elk tag (3rd choice).  Its a 2nd or 3rd rifle season tag but its my first year to apply and I am loving it...  Anyone with any advice on this unit let a newbie know...   

prhunter's picture
Both of my applications (elk

Both of my applications (elk & pronghorn) were not drawn. Cry baby

I guess I'll have to wait for the leftover tags. Wink

rowdycwby1's picture
Well I git my MZ deer tag on

Well I git my MZ deer tag on 30!! Sure wish they had let it restrictive but oh well . I'll still hunt it with a sidelock. I didn't get my elk tag dang it..