6 replies [Last post]
CVC
CVC's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
2011 Mathews Bows

I got a text from Mathews yesterday about their new bows.  They have them listed on their website.  The premier bow looks to be the Z7 Extreme with a rated speed of up to 330 fps.

I have the Z7 2010 model and love it. 

CVC
CVC's picture
Link

Here is a link to the Mathews Z7 Extreme.

http://mathewsinc.com/product/z7-xtreme/

Ca_Vermonster's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
One of these days I will get

One of these days I will get something like that.  However, I have owned my current bow for about 5 years, and I need to kill something with the first.  lol

CVC
CVC's picture
No one really needs a bow

No one really needs a bow like that to hunt, it is just our man-gene's desire for bigger faster and prettier toys.  I have a Mathews Switchback that is a great bow.  Sweet, quiet and fast enough to kill any animal, but I just had to have the Z7.  I mean I had good reasons.  Every man needs a back up bow in case something happens to your main bow during hunting season or a hunt.  it could take days to get it repaired so a backup is absolutely necessary.  And for me, I really wanted a black bow.  The camo was nice, but the black bow was for me.  I resisted getting a new bow for a while, but then along came the Z7 and it truly is a nice bow.  Unlike the Reezen it didn't have the harsh break over hump.  It is smooth quiet and very fast, plus did i mention it is black?

It isn't just the cost of the bow, it is the accessories that go with it that make the price rise.  New sight, new rest and new quiver all add to the price.  But it is worth it.

Bugs Bunny's picture
I'm saving up for a new

I'm saving up for a new mathews bow right now I have a diamond I like it but I would really like to try out the mathew's bow's and see which one I like best.  But if I get one of these bows im not gonna get another one for a while.

GooseHunter Jr's picture
Hard to believe that they

Hard to believe that they could make the Z7 better.  I shoot the 2010 Z7 last year and if I was not already set on the Hoyt line I think that would be my next bow.

CVC
CVC's picture
I will have to slip up to the

I will have to slip up to the bow shop to shoot the new extreme.  I love my Z7 and can't imagine they made the new one that much better for me, even if I could afford it, to consider buying a new bow.  I seriously doubt I'll ever buy a new bow, but you never know. 

The Z7 is just the perfect bow for me.  It is a combination of smoothness, quiet and speed.  Who could ask for me and all from a very short ata bow.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
New bowCVC503/22/2008 18:15 pm
Looking at MathewsChoclab601/26/2006 19:56 pm
I need some Mathews feedbackinthehollar303/05/2010 19:16 pm
New Mathews BowsCVC312/01/2008 04:34 am
My new bow for next year.....Ca_Vermonster711/01/2010 17:19 pm