15 replies [Last post]
2011 Grand Slam Challenge Contest Launches February 1st!

We're excited to announce that the first round of the NEW 2011 Grand Slam Challenge Contest will launch on February 1st!

For all BGH members, just as in 2010 you are automatically included in the contest by simply logging in and posting. For all you new folks, if you haven't signed up yet - now is the time! Lots of great prizes for simply contributing to BGH.

Scoring is about the same as it was at the end of 2010. The most significant change is for the submitted Stories and Tips. We've decided to go back to a set 1500 points for an accepted Hunting Story and 500 points for an accepted Hunting Tip. For photos to retain the points they've received, they must be hunting and/or outdoor related. Comments will receive points on a sliding scale, based on length, spelling, etc.

NOTE: Remember that all submitted stories and tips must be your own, written by you. If submitted stories or tips are found to be copied in whole or part, you will lose all your points and the right to compete for prizes on BGH.

For complete rules visit the Official Contest Rules page at http://www.biggamehunt.net/grand_slam_rules_2011.html for detailed information.

February 2011 prizes:

- 1st-3rd Place : Badlands Pursuit Daypack plus one can each of KIWI Camp Dry Performance Fabric Protector and KIWI Camp Dry Heavy Duty Water Repellent.
Total value of package is $84.93/each
*NOTE: KIWI Camp Dry Products has donated the above Badlands packs and KIWI products!

- 4th Place : Leatherman Core Multi-tool - $78.00

- 5th Place : Streamlight PolyTac LED HP Flashlight - $55.99

- 6th-7th Place : Primos Baby Hoochie Mama Elk Call - $29.99/each

For all the details and photos of the prizes, visit this page:

http://www.biggamehunt.net/grand_slam_feb_2011.html

Official Contest Rules:

http://www.biggamehunt.net/grand_slam_rules_2011.html

Information to help get started with contributing your photos and stories to BGH!

http://www.biggamehunt.net/help.html

Tips and Story submission guidelines:

http://www.biggamehunt.net/forum/tips-and-photo-story-submission-guidelines

GOOD LUCK to Everyone!

numbnutz's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
let the madness begin, good

let the madness begin, good luck to everyone.

Ca_Vermonster's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
What I like about this is

What I like about this is that you're not looking at a $1300 first prize.  I think that drew many many people out of the woodwork just to try for a new rifle.  Hopefully some will come back, but hopefully they will be contributors on a more regular basis!

Thanks BGH.  Should be fun!!!

groovy mike's picture
Sweet!

I could really use a Leatherman! Thanks for the chance at it BGH!

numbnutz's picture
Looks like the activity on

Looks like the activity on the site is up a bit this morning. Thatnk BGH for these fun contests and chances at great prizes.

Critter's picture
It was interesting in that

It was interesting in that yesterday on Monday January 31 there were only a couple of post made all day.  Now that the new month has started with a new contest I opened up the forum to find a page and half of new post.  Now I don't mind the activity but I just hope that the post that are made now are helpful and not just made to make some points.  Granted if you want to win one of the prizes you are going to have to post but lets make them useful post. 

On a side note there are a couple of other outdoor forums that I belong to and neither one of them depend on a contest to get members to visit their sites and post questions and answers to post.  The draws are under way now in a few states and there are always questions on them along with questions on what to put in for and where to go in that state, and when ever I visit them there is at least a page of questions and answers that actually pertain to what the forum is all about and not just a couple of members pushing their post totals up. 

OK, I'm off my soap box now so good luck for those that are visiting the forum and answering and asking questions.   

Ca_Vermonster's picture
I thought about that too

I thought about that too Critter, as I am on 2 others that gets tons of traffic daily.  At least with those, I think the difference is that they're more localized, and alot of the guys on there know each other and even hunted together.  Heck, on one site that started out here in San Diego, We have 2 get togethers this month alone, sort of our end of the year beast feasts.

Not saying that this can't be accomplished here, but I think that the good thing about this site is actually a detriment.  The good thing is that it's very wide-spread with the locations represented on here.  I can talk about anything from Gators, to Deer, to Oryx, and to pigs, and I will get an answer.  People from all over the U.S. and Canada are represented.

However, the negative is that being so spread out geographically, we only can develop "online relationships".  That may be good for some of you and your dating habits, but not for general friendship... lol

Just kidding on that last comment, BTW. Wink

hunter25's picture
I know I had not made a lot

I know I had not made a lot of posts before but read the forum almost daily. I have never felt that I was good at telling a story or expressing an idea.

I do believe everything I post is of some value but I doubt my knowledge or experiences can hold up for very long. Plus I think my wife is gonna ban me from the computer soon anyway.

I understand your concern but in a way it's a good thing. I usaully never give voice to my opinion and this has given me a push to speak up.

Thank you for the opportunity.

jaybe's picture
Me Too!

I also found that "posting for points" provided a great incentive to be more active.

I really joined this site because I was looking for information on mule deer hunting in anticipation of my first hunt this October. Normally, I would only read and post on subjects and animals that I am interested in, but the with contest going, I read and replied to everything that I possibly could.

I am also on a local fishing forum where many of the people know each other, get together for meet/greet events and even get involved in small charity events. This lends itself to a lot more participation both on and off the site.

Just yesterday, for example, I read several posts to see what the fishing reports were from some guys I have met and fished with, bought my minnows from another member who works at the bait shop and got two phone calls from different members while I was actually fishing. This morning, I'm posting the results of my outing. (Caught a few small ones).

While BGH has a lot of members and you can find tons of information - as well as share what you know with others - the fact that it's world-wide in membership definitely makes a huge difference in the feeling of being connected personally to others.

I will still continue to read and post because there is a lot of good stuff here! Thumbs up

Hunter 25 - rotate your avatar - - it looks like you're lying down on the job. lol

groovy mike's picture
:)

jaybe wrote:

Hunter 25 - rotate your avatar - - it looks like you're lying down on the job. lol

That's becuase its a heavy pack!

As for posting for points - heck most conversations I'm in most folks don't have anything to add except making more noise....

jaybe's picture
Yeah But . . .

That's becuase its a heavy pack!

I know that hunting is supposed to be relaxing, but . . .  lol

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Grand Slam ContestStriker310/31/2012 12:35 pm
December 2010 BGH Grand Slam Challenge Winners List!admin1001/15/2011 10:42 am
Grand Slambnow0707801/17/2005 13:10 pm
How Many Points will it TakeCritter609/01/2010 01:08 am
Grand SlamVA YOUNG BUCK705/31/2011 00:14 am