11 replies [Last post]
Alpine_Archer's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
2011 Florida Spring Turkey Season

Season starts tomarrow in my area. I'm hitting a public spot this week and I have a quota permit for next weekend. Scouted out a few nice birds over the past few days. Hopefully we'll be in the right area.

Goodluck to anyone going out this weekend for turkey season and be SAFE.

I'll follow up on how our weekend turns out.

AA

hunter25's picture
Good luck on your hunt I hope

Good luck on your hunt I hope you find em right away. Don't know if you stay up on the seasons back here or not but they open April 9th. New Castle got almost six inches of snow last night but it's nearly all melted again today.

Good luck again and don't forget to let us know.

Alpine_Archer's picture
Yeah My brother lives in silt

Yeah My brother lives in silt and was telling me about the crazy weather ya'll been having up there. I'm diggin' this 80 degree weather for sure.

Good luck to you if your headed out in april. Always wishin' I was back in the moutains...

Ca_Vermonster's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
How did you do Alpine?  Don't

How did you do Alpine?  Don't see a report.

I have 5 days until my season starts.  Don't think I will make it out the opening morning, since I coach a soccer game at 9:00 AM, but I will be out there Sunday or Monday.

Our season is 7 or 8 weeks long, so there is no rush.

Alpine_Archer's picture
I had one written up earlier

I had one written up earlier but the damn thing got deleted before I can post it. (this happens to me alot)

Anyways saturday we had one gobblin early but it got stuck about a 100yards out. We tried to move closer and ended up spooking him away and never saw him again.

Sunday we had a few more hunters in the area. Didn't hear or see anything. Some asshole decided to crap right in the trail by where we setup... I'm glad I didnt step in that shit on the walk in that morning. He probably had a worse day than us because aparently he was out of T.P... lol

We didn't make it out today but I'm going back in the morning to check things out. We're only allowed to hunt untill 1:00 pm on public land down here so it makes it tough.

Good luck on your upcoming season.Hello

deleted?

Alpine_Archer wrote:

I had one written up earlier but the damn thing got deleted before I can post it. (this happens to me alot) 

Do you mean a story or a post on the forum? When you say deleted, it just disappears? Curious as to what's going on.

Alpine_Archer's picture
post's

moderator wrote:

Alpine_Archer wrote:

Do you mean a story or a post on the forum? When you say deleted, it just disappears? Curious as to what's going on.

When I write a long reply to a thread and or try to type a longer story I'll go to "preview" it and it will take FOREVER to load and then just not do anything. I'll have to refresh my browser if that happens and start from scratch. It seems to only do it when I'm attaching pics also or its with the longer messages or story's...

It's a PIA sometimes and when it happens I usualy just don't re type the message because my time is limited to the site.

On stories we recommend that

On stories we recommend that you type up off-line so you have a copy, then simply cut & paste to submit. If attaching photos, you might try reducing the overall file size of the photos. If they are large it will take a while to upload.

Alpine_Archer's picture
It's been real slow the last

It's been real slow the last few days.

We finally got some rain this morning first in over a month. The birds were out like crazy. We had a big gobbler and hen come within 30 yards but I couldn't get a clear shot and ended up spooking him.Saw several other birds as well just couldn't get a gobbler to commit.

Rain is forcasted for the next few days and hopefully it will help out with these turkeys.

Alpine_Archer's picture
Sorry I never really reported

Sorry I never really reported much on this season's turkey hunt. It ended up being a very  unsuccesfull season. Not really what I had in mind for my first turkey season down here...

Hopefully I'll get one this fall during archery...Huh?

groovy mike's picture
Maybe we'll have better luck in the fall season!

Maybe we'll have better luck in the fall season!My spring turkey hunt was a bust too.  But I am really looking forward to fall turkey hunting this weekend

Here in New York state we can take TWO birds of either sex but our hunting hours are only from sunrise until noon.   I love that we can take hens in the fall.  The spring hunt is sooo frustrating to have hens within shotgun range while the gobblers stay away!  It happened to us this spring repeatedly.  Now we are eagerly awaiting a chance to get those same hens within shooting range this weekend!

Maybe you'll have better luck in the fall too.  I hope that we both do!  

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Spring Turkey SeasonShannonWood203/20/2011 18:56 pm
Osceola turkey timeCapt Billy001/11/2010 19:29 pm
Get ready for the Spring Turkeyredrider011/01/2006 18:25 pm
Spring Turkey Season!!bigbuckhotspots1104/23/2009 10:20 am
Spring Turkeycabinfever19602003/13/2008 20:53 pm