5 replies [Last post]
exbiologist's picture
2011 Colorado regs book

I know a lot of folks are chomping at the bit to see the new regs and see what's changed for 2011.  I've seen a draft copy of the 2011 regs and there aren't nearly as many changes as last years.  However, there is one huge improvement in the maps provided, and explanations of List A vs. List B licenses.  There is a map showing the OTC rifle bull units, OTC either sex elk units,  and a map showing which units are legal for the unlimited antlerless archery elk license, which is essentially all of the list B elk units.  

Also, in the hunt codes, it now states whether a license is list A or list B, which should help the confusion amongst new and old hunters.

They've also added a bunch of new moose hunts, which should ease some of the pressure on the older units.  New units will probably be 14, 20, 29, 38, 39 46, 49, 500 and 501.  

There's also a lot more units in the hybrid draw, and the DOW does a better job of showing which RFW tags will be included.

So really no major changes like last year with breaking up the muzzy units and adding the hybrid draw.  

elkkill06's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Thanks much Ex !!!

Ex,

Thanks for the early report. I always try to get mine in early not that it makes a difference, but it makes me feel better. Thumbs up

Q

exbiologist's picture
forgot to mention this earlier

And this might upset some folks, but units 74, 76, and 79 are probably going to List A

hunter25's picture
I was excited to read your

I was excited to read your post and see what was new. Then I went and checked the mail and found out the new book was there waiting for me. It is much more clear and put together than in years past.

There are a few more new doe antelope lisences and a couple new private land bear tags.

You can also go ten years now without loosing you moose preference points but I sure can't imagine who would go that long without applying.

Okay now I'm off to start planning again.

GooseHunter Jr's picture
Got my book the other day in

Got my book the other day in the mail and I really like the new layout of it.  It does seem to read easier for us hunters.  I did notice that it appears that the drawing results will be revealed earlier this season...or was I mistaken.

WishIWasHunting's picture
I think they did a much

I think they did a much better job with the regs book this year.  It is much easier to read and understand.  I did not find as many instances of "Unlimited licenses are valid in all units except (a list that includes nearly all units)."  That phrasing always annoys me.  Sorry about the rant, but I don't know why it took them so long to figure out that the maps for unlimited licenses are so much more efficient and easier to understand. 

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Hunting shows and regsWesternHunter807/26/2011 16:22 pm
I stole a peak at the draft 2010 Colorado regs bookletexbiologist1202/06/2010 08:30 am
PCS'ing to JBLM deck1985401/31/2013 11:13 am
Colorado deer tagscamp507/10/2008 10:47 am
Powerbelt bullets/ Triple seven powderonzaman402/19/2010 06:17 am