14 replies [Last post]
2011 Colorado Mountain Goat Draw Results are up.

We were unsuccessful on our draw. Here's a link to check results http://wildlife.state.co.us/Hunting/BigGame/DrawResultsAndPrefPoints/

ndemiter's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
sorry, good luck on your next

sorry, good luck on your next years draw. and if i don't catch you that time, or the next 10 times, good luck on those too.Big smile

i'm still holding out to get one in utah, but i might be able to draw one in colorado a little before utah. i guess i should put in for both while i'm young, that way i can hunt them when i'm middle aged, and instead of having the luxury of recovering quickly and having high energy, i'll just barely be able to make it. some of these tags need to work in reverse. if you're under 30, your chances should double, and if you're over 49, your chances should tripple. but if you're between 30-50, you're just out of luck.

maybe it's not quite so fair, but it works for me. ;)

Critter's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
15 years and still waiting

15 years and still waiting for that tag.  But on the positive side I get $254.00 back in a month or so. 

hawkeye270's picture
I've got some news guys...

exbiologist's picture
what the heck dude

Did you pull a dang goat tag or not?!?  You're family is some tag pulling mofos.  Seriously.  Trophy deer and elk last year for your brother, got a sneaking suspicion you're heading back to bros unit this year with a good draw too.  And now a mountain goat tag!  Might not have time for that DWM test if you ain't careful.

Congrats hawkeye270

hawkeye270 wrote:

Thumbs up Dancing Congrats hawkeye270!

hunter25's picture
Well based on this post and

Well based on this post and the one in the sheep thread I would assume congratulations are in order. I know based on your stories that if anyone can get it done it will be you. Your dedicationa drive will help with your success on this one.

I drew my tag after 16 years of trying in G13 but was unable to get one despite multiple climbs and quite a few goats. I never once spotted one that would bed down and wait for me to get above them so I could get the shot. Every one I saw just kept moving all day over the peaks where I couldn't follow. Bad planning on my part as there were too many other guys inthe area I hunted and I didn't have a back up plan. I watched goats all summer and stalked within range of good goats several times but was taken by surprise when the season opened and other hunters chose the same area. I went on the advice of 2 friends that had drawn the unit and tagged out on opening day in consecutive years.

I'll draw again someday but will be much better prepared the next time around.

Good luck on your hunt when it gets here. It comes quickly.

hawkeye270's picture
Well since congratulations

Well since congratulations are already being given, I guess I can just come out and say it... I FINALLY DREW MY TAG! I know I've got a lot of scouting ahead of me and I can't wait to get to work. I will be in the best shape of my life considering I will be working in RMNP's backcountry four days of the week on a bighorn sheep study with many scouting/backpacking trips for goats. 

I couldn't believe it when I checked it... I had to close the window and reopen and recheck it three times! I'm stoked to say the least. 

970TBONE's picture
Congratulations Hawkeye!  I

Congratulations Hawkeye! 

I know what you mean about rechecking those draw results I went through that last year.

Good Luck and I look forward to hearing a great story of a successful hunt

970TBONE's picture
Goat hunt

You should check out bighornsheep.org. Lots of sheep and goat nuts on there.  They have forums for each sheep and goat unit in the state. A lot of guys on there have drawn tags in the past and are willing to share info.

Good Luck

Tyson

hawkeye270's picture
Thanks for the head's up

Thanks for the head's up Tyson. I'll check it out!

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Colorado Speed Goat Resultshellomcfly607/08/2008 08:49 am
Colorado Sheep and Goat draw results are postedexbiologist205/09/2009 20:06 pm
Colorado sheep and goatexbiologist1406/25/2012 10:46 am
Once-in-a-lifetime Utah mountain goat huntbrandt607/08/2013 22:44 pm
Goat & Sheep ResultsSGM805/07/2014 07:57 am