15 replies [Last post]
The Lucky Mojo

I started to plan this hunt early October cause I dont have much luck drawing out for big game. I put in for 5 hunts and failed to get a tag between Idaho, Wyoming, and Utah hunts. I decided to do alot of research on hunting Colorado. I was really confused on how the hunts worked at first but after several phone calls and finding this forum it came to be very clear.  I was looking to hunt units 70-71 and found out the success rates of 40 percent. I am a type of hunter  that wants to avoid the crowds willing to work hard. I took off 2 weeks of work and decided to come 4 days earlier to scout some areas before buying a tag I figured if I couldnt find an area I wont buy a Tag. Well I scouted the area I hunted and seen several nice bulls including an Albino bull which was really a site to see I know not alot of people would not believe me on the Albino but I did have some witness who also seen the Albino elk.  I decided to back pack in and hunted 2 days and ran into this guy in the pines. My shot was approx 400 yards my shot was dead on and the rest is history. I know he not the best bull around but he's nice for me. I got good meat and enjoyed the area it was amazing of the animals from Mt Goats, to deer to bears. I do have to say Colorado does have it all.

PreviewAttachmentSize
IMGP0162.JPG
IMGP0162.JPG1.16 MB
IMGP0170.JPG
IMGP0170.JPG1.13 MB
Retired2hunt's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
  Congrats on the very nice

Congrats on the very nice bull elk!  Pretty neat to see an albino elk too!  It took me 45 years but I got smart and moved to Colorado.

Ca_Vermonster's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
That's some beautiful

That's some beautiful country, and an awesome bull!  Congrats again on taking such a nice critter!  Thanks for throwing up the photos!!

Bull Buster's picture
great pics.  

great pics.  

cantgetdrawn's picture
Congrats

Nice Bull.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like