20 replies [Last post]
elkkill06's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
2011 2nd Season another success !

Well we are back from are 2nd season Colorado hunt and man did we have fun. My wife had asked me two weeks before season if she had to shoot a little one and I smiled and said its your tag. My wife and son both had buck tags, but I had the first succes Tuesday.

My son and I went for a short walk and to see if we could push some deer to my wife. They had already passed up several small bucks and these are what I came upon.

We kept hunting and Thursday morning my son could not take it anymore and took this great little 2x2.

We got my sons buck taken care of and headed back out just after 3 p.m. Just after 5:30 we found a group of around 40 deer with two great bucks in it. Well.......... the rest was history and my wife now has her biggest buck ever. She made a awesome shot at just over 300 yards with my dads 7MM RM. I could not be prouder ! Thumbs up

Good luck to those still out there and I am getting ready for my youngest sons 3rd season tag in the same unit.

Quinton

Ca_Vermonster's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
Is it right that I am sitting

Is it right that I am sitting here throwing things at the screen every time you guys post photos like this???? Whistling

lol

Wow Quinton!  Those sheds are huge, as well as your wife's deer.  So glad she wanted to shoot a small one, right???? And your son looks happy with his too.

Congrats all the way around.  You guys have shot some nice animals this year too.  Very nice, thanks for the photos!

P.S.  Sent you another PM........

hawkeye270's picture
That is awesome! Congrats to

That is awesome! Congrats to your wife on that great buck. Should be some good meat off your sons forkie too.

And those are some great sheds. How far from eachother were they?

elkkill06's picture
How far ?

hawkeye,

They were about 80 yards apart. I found the first one laying on a flat which made me stop and glass the rest of the area, but the reason I found the other side is there were also fresh deer tracks going past the sheds, so I followed them just over into a draw and the other one was laying about halfway down in.

Quinton

numbnutz's picture
Quinton Congrats to you and

Quinton

Congrats to you and your family on the sucessful hunt. Both are very nice bucks. The buck your wife got is a toad. How was the weather? Sounds like alot of other people had some fun in the snow. I'm very jelous of you folks back there and all the great hunting you have. Again congrats to you and your family.

elkkill06's picture
The weather !

Josh,

The weather was way to nice for the most part ! Yes After the storm came through Wednesday and dumbed buckets of rain on us and even washed out some roads, but the best part was the temperature drop. It really caused the deer to start moving including those bigger bucks.

Quinton

Bowhuner13's picture
Location: Albany Oregon, Born in Salt Lake raised in Southern Idaho
Quinton, Again congrats to

Quinton,

Again congrats to your wife and son, hopefully the cold temps stick around...

Salmon is going in smoker here in a few. Big smile :D

Critter's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
Congrats on the hunt, now you

Congrats on the hunt, now you need to find a place on the wall for your wife's trophys Thumbs up

WishIWasHunting's picture
Congrats on a successful

Congrats on a successful family hunt!  Those are some awesome sheds, as is your wife's buck!  Sometimes I wish my wife hunted, but then I remember how competitive she is.  It might be a good thing that she doesn't hunt because I know she would be able to put me to shame by shooting "small" bucks like the one your wife got.   lol

elkkill06's picture
Thanks guys !

Thanks for the great comments guys !

COMeatHunter's picture
Wow!  Now that's a pretty

Wow!  Now that's a pretty good trip.  I'm kind of like your son--it kills me to sit and watch good deer going by.  And then to see the deer your wife took.  That's a pretty nice buck!

Great pics too, thanks and congrats!

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Rogue-Umpqua Divide Success ?Stoneke010/27/2009 10:09 am
Colorado first rifle units 12/24ljbinion007/24/2013 07:08 am
Pref pts and draw successAaron77505/25/2012 18:11 pm
Elk Tags Probably Down in Michigan for 2011jaybe203/18/2011 14:14 pm
SW South Dakotacomulies09509/15/2010 16:00 pm