9 replies [Last post]
elkkill06's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
2010 was a great year !

I thought that since we have all of these newbe's due to the contest and I just thought it would be cool to recap my adventures of the 2010 season.

It all started back in March when my son and I started antler hunting.The first outting was very good considering not many critters were dropping there antlers yet.

Arlan found the first antler, the most antlers, and the only brown of the day !!!

The only antler I found.....

The 2nd outting was not as productive, but still a great time with my youngest son (Arlan).

I found the only antler of the day !!!!

A couple weeks later my brother Arlan, and I headed up to try to find some sheds in our elk hunting area. We seen these rams on the way up.

There was just still to much snow to get over the top.....

So we made a plan to skip work and head back up on Wednesday and found an elk antler only dreams are made of !!!!

Along with some other great antlers...

The next weekend we headed back up to try and find the match to the monster shed, with no luck, but my son found a great deadhead.....

By now it was May and we made one more trip to find some sheds....

My bro....

Then summer was slow and archery season began. I ate tag soup, but had a great time hunting with my son and my brother. Here is his bull....

Then the long awaited muley season (for me) during 2nd season... First to connect was my niece !!!!

Then my nephew !!!!

Than my father !!!!

Than it was my turn....

And to finish it off was my son filling his archery tag turned into a late season cow tag.

and his yote.....

I would have to say we had a pretty good year !!!!!!!!!!!! Thumbs up

It sure does look like you

It sure does look like you and your family had a great year. Way to go! Some great sheds in there too. Thumbs up

GooseHunter Jr's picture
Looks like you had a real

Looks like you had a real good time this past season.  I realy like that elk shed...I have one that looks similar.  Nothing better than a muddy Toyota!!

ecubackpacker's picture
Quinton, I agree you and your

Quinton, I agree you and your family have had a great year of hunting this year. I, for one, have been a fan of your posts. I have followed the episodes in the snow, the shed hunting, the successful and unsuccessful hunts, and even the fishing trips you and your children have been on. I'm happy for your family's safe and enjoyable year of hunting. May you have many more to come.
Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Thanks for your posts and keep them coming.

elkkill06's picture
Thanks for the wonderful comments guys !!!!!

Thanks for the wonderful comments and I have truely enjoyed sharing my 2010 journey with you guys and gals this year. I have to get me a new digital camera before the 2011 journey begins, it broke just before the big elk shed was found, and I hope to share many more great adventures with eveyone.

ecu,

I am glad to share this great year with you and appreciate your great comments on all of the posts.

Merry Christmas to you and your family and may your new year be great ! Thumbs up

Ca_Vermonster's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
I remember your antler hunts

I remember your antler hunts from the spring! You found some killer sheds!

You look like you surely had a great year!  Congrats on a fine season.

Thanks for the recap!  I could post a recap of my year, but I think I may get negative points, if that is possible... lol

mossbuck35's picture
What a great year!

What a great year, Awsome pics from start to finish! thank you for helping me out, I got to learn a few new areas and I appreciate your kindness and everybody elses on BGH!! I am now more confident for next  years elk season!!

elkkill06's picture
Thanks much everyone !!!

Ca_Vermonster,

Thank you much and there is always next year. Yes

mossbuck35,

I am glad I could help and the more you are out there learning the country and the biggest trick is learning the elks habbits. Keep on keepin on and thanks for the excellent comment. :thumbsup1:  

hawkeye270's picture
Congratulations on you and

Congratulations on you and your family's success this year Quinton! You guys had quite the year and quite a few big ones fell to your family's rifles and bows. You guys are top notch predators for sure! Thanks for the recap of the great year and good luck on your pursuits next year. I will most likely be heading out your way this summer for scouting trips so you will be hearing from me for sure. I forgot how good that buck you got this year is too... good job on nailing that whopper.

elkkill06's picture
Thanks Ian !!!!!!

Congrats on your families success in 2010 and a huge congrats to Evan on that super bull he took opening day archery season. Way to get it done guys ! Thumbs up

Thanks for all the great comments and I hope to get a chance to me you this summer. Also let your whole family know the Hill's said Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year ! Good luck to all of you on your hunting quests next year.

Quinton

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
2010 - Year of the "Bust" for me... how was your year?jim boyd612/14/2010 06:46 am
2010 NM Pheasantprhunter312/13/2010 12:06 pm
Finally Getting Going!!!!!ManOfTheFall408/21/2013 23:58 pm
Bosque Del osoBleuBijou208/17/2012 20:28 pm
Great Year For Animals Expected!muley17108/30/2004 00:50 am