17 replies [Last post]
Critter's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
That's a nice looking bull

That's a nice looking bull even if it is in the truck in one piece. Thumbs up

I have only managed to bring out 4 or 5 of them whole.  The last time was when I shot a 5x5 bull in the middle of the afternoon.  Just after I finished cleaning it a vehicle pulled up next to mine and about 7 or 8 guys pilled out of it and came over to where I was.  They checked out the bull and asked what I was going to do with the liver and since I was the only one that was going to eat it I told them that they could have most of it if they wanted it.  I then asked them if they would help me and my partner to load him up in the truck at which they said yes.  So I pulled my truck over to the elk through the sagebrush and they picked him up and threw him in.  Come to find out all but one of them were soldiers from Europe that were at Ft. Carson for training.  So after I got home which was only about 6 miles away and got the elk skinned I cut off one of its hind quarters and showed back up at their camp and gave it to them since they hadn't managed to bag an elk yet.  The rest of the night consisted of toast after toast to the elk gods and good friends from far away. 

great story

Critter wrote:

That's a nice looking bull even if it is in the truck in one piece. Thumbs up

I have only managed to bring out 4 or 5 of them whole.  The last time was when I shot a 5x5 bull in the middle of the afternoon.  Just after I finished cleaning it a vehicle pulled up next to mine and about 7 or 8 guys pilled out of it and came over to where I was.  They checked out the bull and asked what I was going to do with the liver and since I was the only one that was going to eat it I told them that they could have most of it if they wanted it.  I then asked them if they would help me and my partner to load him up in the truck at which they said yes.  So I pulled my truck over to the elk through the sagebrush and they picked him up and threw him in.  Come to find out all but one of them were soldiers from Europe that were at Ft. Carson for training.  So after I got home which was only about 6 miles away and got the elk skinned I cut off one of its hind quarters and showed back up at their camp and gave it to them since they hadn't managed to bag an elk yet.  The rest of the night consisted of toast after toast to the elk gods and good friends from far away. 

That's a great story, Thanks for sharing.

Ca_Vermonster's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
Very cool story.  Nice of you

Very cool story.  Nice of you to do!

hunter25's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
The only one I was actualy

The only one I was actualy able to get out whole was a cow I shot on a sidehill just above an old forest service road. I was able to back the truck up to the bank and slide her down the hill in the snow and let her drop over the bank right into the back of the truck. Then I had to cut her up at home anyway because I have nowhere to hang something that big and needed to get the skin off.

HeavyC's picture
Now THAT...is what a TRUCK is

Now THAT...is what a TRUCK is supposed to look like!Thumbs up

Scratched-up, from the floor-up! Yes ...oh, and very nice bull too! In love

JC
bull

Hey--I am not much on scoring things..If that is a 280 bull then I would surely be shootin that thing. It is nice..I here talk about some areas that have 300 hundred or 320 bulls ONLY!,not 350s,whatever.!!!! I would be certainly happy to kill any bull but maybe I should be lookin for 250 plus then..A 280 bull looks really good..It is nice to see and to learn from....JC

Topgun 30-06's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
JC---Here is a 285" net that

JC---Here is a 285" net that made P&Y after the 60 day drying time.  I took that young man out to Wyoming in September of 2009 where I hunt every year and he shot it the third night.  The one in my avatar is one another friend shot closeby with his rifle in October last year and he was 357 3/8" net after the drying period.  There are a couple good pictures of him in the photo gallery, so you can see the size difference.  There aren't a ton like him killed out west in any given year.

PreviewAttachmentSize
IM003252.JPG
IM003252.JPG99.28 KB

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Smokin Cigsdrh2771512/03/2009 22:23 pm
The 2011 Muleys are home !!elkkill06409/06/2012 13:21 pm
Recoilless Rifles?bitmasher002/03/2005 22:57 pm
Rare mounted piebald European roe deerswede_jonas003/17/2011 15:02 pm
BURRIS BLACK DIAMOND for sale.BEARDOWN!005/12/2009 21:48 pm