17 replies [Last post]
elkkill06's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
2009 Elk Mounted

I thought I would share my cousins' (by marriage) elk from 2009. I was not given any field photos, but I thought I would share the mount now that it is done. Thumbs up He started hunting elk with us in 2008 after having very little success hunting with his family. It is his best bull to date and grosses right around 280". Congrats "CUZ" ! 

It is a full sneak just like mine, my brothers, and my nephews. I helped my taxidermist alter it. We twisted him and put his head back. He is up high on the wal so you do not get the full effect from the pics. Let me know what you guys/gals think.

elkkill06's picture
Here are some pics at home

Here are some pics of the bull when he got home.

hunter25's picture
That's a great mount and a

That's a great mount and a great bull. I like to see mounts that have been altered from just the normal way they usually come.

I'm always amazed when I see whole elk loaded in the back of a truck. I've never been able to get one home without cutting it up and hauling it out on my back.

WishIWasHunting's picture
Nice

That is quite the elk and a nice mount.  That is cool that you were able to help your cousin-in-law get him.

numbnutz's picture
thats a very nice looking

thats a very nice looking mount. congrats to your cuz. i have to ask how many guys did it take to lead that elk into the truck whole? Like hunter25 i have never been able to do that without atleast 4 or 5 people.

groovy mike's picture
looks great

That is a great looking mount.  The taxidermist sure knows his work. 

Good looking bull too.  Congrats to your cousin all the way around

great look mount, very nice

great look mount, very nice bull indeed, he must be proud.

elkkill06's picture
Thanks

Thanks for the great comments guys ! Yes He actually shot this bull about a 1/4 mile from the road, but he gets very and I mean very excited, when it comes to elk hunting and his first shot was a little low. He ended up chasing the bull down and across the 2 track road his truck was on and ended up killing him about 75 yards from the road. It took 3 guys and his wife to load that bull whole. The carcass wieghed 711 pounds at the meat market and was the heaviest bull brought in for the year.

Ca_Vermonster's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
Wow, very impressive!! That's

Wow, very impressive!!

That's a great bull!  I really like those sneak poses that you guys are doing.  If I ever get another animal larger than a dove, I might think about trying it.... Brick Wall

Guess that's easier said than done though... lol

jaybe's picture
A Real Beauty!

That's a really pretty bull, there! I also was wondering about getting it loaded into the truck in one piece. From the look of the sides of the truck, it's been through the puckerbrush a few times!

I would also be interested in hearing more of the story if you'd like to take the time to tell it. Why not put it in the Photos and Stories section so we can all read about it?

Very nice mount. Good job to all involved. Thumbs up

buffybr's picture
Nice bull

Nice bull, and like Hunter 25, I like mounts that have been altered or have a little turn.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Smokin Cigsdrh2771512/03/2009 22:23 pm
The 2011 Muleys are home !!elkkill06409/06/2012 13:21 pm
Recoilless Rifles?bitmasher002/03/2005 22:57 pm
Rare mounted piebald European roe deerswede_jonas003/17/2011 15:02 pm
BURRIS BLACK DIAMOND for sale.BEARDOWN!005/12/2009 21:48 pm