1 reply [Last post]
2009 Elk Hunt in ID- on Private Land or Drop Camp!

A friend I grew up with and i are lookng for private land to hunt on or possibly a drop camp outfitter. Any assistance in that direction is welcomed.

I have bow and rifle hunted elk for several years; mostly in the Bittteroot and Clearwater areas of Idaho and the Cascades east of Bellevue, WA. I am older, but not a novice. Thanks in advance for your contribution to this request.

Buck
PS I can be reached at smallbiz@wt.net or 832-622-1788

Re: 2009 Elk Hunt in ID- on Private Land or Drop Camp!

hi this is matt with boulder creek outfitters in idaho. i saw your thread and just thought i would let you know we offer elk hunts on both private land and semi-guided hunts in the backcountry of north central idaho, in the nez perce and clearwater national forests. i'll just put down some quick info to what we offer below:

We offer an archery elk hunt that takes place in the selway-bitterroot wilderness. This is a horseback, tent camp type hunt, it takes place in early September, they are 8 day hunts, 1 day in, 1 day out, then 6 days of hunting. For accommodations We have 3 options for this hunt, we can do a fly-in, a pack-in or you can stay at our base camp lodge. this is a full-on bugle rut hunt, we've done well over the last few years, hit and lost a 350 class this year, hit it right in the shoulder blade, killed a 362 a few years back, just an amazing bull. We get in real close on these bulls; our closest is 7 yards as the bull was charging, lots of fun. This is a 2on1 guided hunt, and we also offer a semi-guided hunt, which is a 1on4 guided hunt.
Hunt #7
Fully guided - $3600
Semi guided - $2700

We offer 2 different rifle backcountry elk hunts, one takes place in mid-late september, it is a fly in bugle hunt deep in the selway, the other takes place mid-late october and it is in a neighboring hunt unit, very similar terrain and types of hunting, along with success. We average anywhere from 50-80% success on the rifle hunts, most bulls are trophy class, ranging from 250-330 class; we do take 300+ bulls in these areas annually. The rifle hunts are also 8 days, 1 day in and 1 day out, 6 days hunting, 2on1 guided, horseback and tent camp. We also offer a semi-guided option, which is a 1on4 guided hunt. There is a fly-in charge associated with the september hunt, it is roughly $450 per hunter, but this rate may change from year to year.
Hunt #4 (September)
Hunt #5 (October)
Fully guided - $4200 (September or October)
Semi-guided price - $3000 (September or October)

We offer a private land ranch rifle elk and mule deer combo hunt, this is all free-range animals, no high fences. Its on a large 60,000 acre ranch, these hunts start oct. 10 and go through oct. 24. We average 97-99% success on both animals, the last few years we have gone 100%. Most elk run in the 260-320 range, nice 5x5 and 6x6 bulls. The mule deer tend to fall into the 20-26 inch range with many going into the 28-30 inch range. Most nice solid 4x4 bucks. The accommodations include a lodge, cabins, with full modern facilities. this is considered our hunt #2 both on our website and price list and is 7 days and runs $5700.
Hunt #2
2010 price - $5300

We offer a private land ranch rifle elk and whitetail combo hunt, this is all free-range animals, no high fences, so these are all free-roaming animals, I say ranch because it is all private land, so we are the only ones on the land. these hunts start oct. 10 and go through oct. 24. we average 97-99% on both animals, the last few years we have gone 100%. Most elk run in the 260-320 range, nice 5x5 and 6x6 bulls. The whitetail average in the 130-160 range, nice solid 4x4 and 5x5 bucks. The accommodations include a lodging, with full modern facilities just like at home. This hunt is also considered our hunt #2 on both our website and price list and is 7 days and runs $5700.
Hunt #2
2010 price - $5300

also, we are now accepting credit card payments.

let me know if you have any questions, thanks for your time.

matt craig
V.P., boulder creek outfitters

Related Forum Threads You Might Like