23 replies [Last post]
Critter's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
It was 2001 when I had my

It was 2001 when I had my bull done and Slim only charged me $650.00 so I am sure that his prices have gone up along with everyone else.  I do know that he had some kids working with or for him for a while but I'm not sure if that is the case now or not.  He did do a great job on my elk and I have no complaints but problems can happen with any mount. 

ecubackpacker's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
$650! Wow that's a little

$650! Wow that's a little steap. Too back it cost so much to ship, you could get it done cheaper around here.  What does he charge for a muley mount?

Congrats to you and your brother.  What part of Fla do you live?  We were down for a couple of weeks in July. The heat/humidity wasn't as bad as I expected.  Actually, I think it's worse here.

Alpine_Archer's picture
Jeff paid over $1000 for his

Jeff paid over $1000 for his mount which was WAY to steap. I woulda chuked it in an ant pile and did a european myself.

I live in Citrus County now right outside of Ocala in the middle of no where. I had some family stuff I had to take care of and moved in with my grand parents to watch over things around here. It's great to be back down here but the heat has been killing me this summer.

I know what you mean about the heat/humidity. I've been having dizzy spells almost daily and can't stand working outside in the heat. I hope this clears up by hunting season. My doctor can't seem to find the culprit.

What part of NC are you in, We have family up in the wilmington area...

Thanks for stopping in everyone.

ecubackpacker's picture
We were in Palm Bay and went

We were in Palm Bay and went to the beaches from Cocoa to Sebastian for a couple of weeks.

Have you had a stress test or table test perfromed to try to find out the culprit?

Yea, we live north of Wilmington. Been there many times surfing when I was younger, not so much lately.

Now, adding pts to the original poster may be a little tricky. I don't have a problem with it, but is the original poster going to get pts taken away if he/she gets a negative vote.

The other issue involving voting on the quality of the post by the participants, I can't agree with that proposition.  There will not be impartial voting going on if participants vote.  I don't know the answers but the contest could use some treaking.

Critter's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
The cost of mounts out here

The cost of mounts out here in the west is relative in comparison to the cost of real estate and other things.  A starter home out here in my neck of the woods will put you back $200,000 for a 2 or 3 bedroom home on 1/10 of an acre.  You can find yourself a townhome for a little less but not much.  Where as back east it is a lot cheaper.  I had a friend retire from his job 3 years ago and moved to Kentucky where he bought a 2400 sqft home on 100 acres for less than $150,000.  But then I guess it is all in what you want out of life and where you want to live. 

numbnutz's picture
Thats a great looking mount,

Thats a great looking mount, Congrats to your brother once again.

so what did that bull score?

so what did that bull score? i am trying to size up what im looking for in colorado. wondering what to look for as a shooter bull. ive been hanging out in cabelas looking but all the monts are 320's or better! kinda tuff reference

Alpine_Archer's picture
he's not that big probably a

he's not that big probably a little under 310. You'll be hard pressed trying to get a bigger bull than that on public lands out there unless you got some pref. points saved up. If your looking for a "trophy" and something bigger then 320 your going to need to fork out some dough and get a guide and hunt a private ranch, or get lucky and start saving them points haha.

most places have a 4x4 minimum points set in place. I'd proudly take any bull of that size in CO and wouldnt hold my breathe for a larger one. expecting somthing larger is probably getting your hopes up.

SOBLE's picture
That's a nice Bull. I'll take

That's a nice Bull. I'll take mounting it in the staircase anyday. At least it isn't in the garage...frown

wapiti whacker's picture
thats a good looking mount

thats a good looking mount and just goes to show you get what you pay for. could've gotten one mounted for have the price but probably would've looked like crap.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like