26 replies [Last post]
2008 World Record "Spider Bull"
henry wilkins wrote:
You have it right, it is complicated for some.I usually go alone. DIY. And drives are accepted some places ,baiting,food plots. It's the commercializm and constant hounding of our wildlife that will be all our loss.IMHO

You have a valid point and I don't think anyone really understands the long term effect of modern hunting methods. It very well could be to our detriment.

Just throwing out a thinking point..
I am a advocate of fair chase hunting to the extreme, i have views that alot of hunters even here on the forum wouldnt like to hear, like baiting ect ect but there isnt alot that speak out against those tactics, the bull was in my mind taken more legitimately then drives or baiting.
"Modern" hunting is not alot more modern then anytime other in the history of mankind other then technology and we have MORE game now in the US then any time man has been here.
Drives, baiting, hounds ect have been tactics hunters have used since man picked up a rock. And not many have a issue with those tactics.

Romey wrote:
Just throwing out a thinking point..
I am a advocate of fair chase hunting to the extreme, i have views that alot of hunters even here on the forum wouldnt like to hear, like baiting ect ect but there isnt alot that speak out against those tactics, the bull was in my mind taken more legitimately then drives or baiting.
"Modern" hunting is not alot more modern then anytime other in the history of mankind other then technology and we have MORE game now in the US then any time man has been here.
Drives, baiting, hounds ect have been tactics hunters have used since man picked up a rock. And not many have a issue with those tactics.

You might be surprised how many do have a problem with some of those tactics. I personally don't speak out about many of these things on public forums just so that we don't appear divided. I fear that those that wish to abolish hunting altogether are going after the dogs, baiting, and food plots first then once they win that battle they'll go for the throat and try and outlaw hunting in any form.

So even though I personally very much do not support some of those tactics nor will I ever participate in those types of hunts I try not to bash them publicly. I feel that we have a bit of a cushion there before we lose the privelage for the rest of our lifetimes.

Unfortunately politics are a part of hunting like it or not and I feel that if we were to take away some of those things on our own that just gives the anti's that much more money, time, and energy to go after us. The anti's are going after the more controversial stuff right now and draining thier bank accounts and using their time in front of law makers to go after baiting and dogs. So in my mind I choose to live with those tactics so the anti's can concentrate on them.

That's my 2 cents.

I agree completely

Tri-ditto, You guys are very right. I have time left to crawl into the hills away from others and all. I'm 54 with no kids to see it really matter. Maybe the Elk and Deer will make an even bigger comeback since the blatant markethunter days. Maybe they will roam like they once did. I can only hope. Won't matter much later to me. I still read Aldo and Teddy.

elkkill06's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Spider Bull

Spidey is truly an awsome bull hard to beleive he just appeared out of nowhere though. The main thing we all have to remember is no matter how any of us believe we must all stick together as hunters or we will all loose!

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Pending world record ElkDreamin of 30 in701/17/2006 10:40 am
new pending world recordbrokenarrow803/29/2011 12:24 pm
New CO state record moose?hawkeye270703/12/2011 15:44 pm
New world record elk??????laramy13131303/13/2008 22:18 pm
the current world recordgrizzly curious309/02/2010 22:50 pm