14 replies [Last post]
2008 NW HUNTERS REPORT

I just thought I would make a thread for peeps to report what they been doing, where they been at, fave Units, what they saw--ANY game. Crazy, good, informative, adventurous stories to even funny camp stories of buddies being bone heads and so on--ANYTHING! Hunters from the NorthWest tell me whats been going on so far in 08!

2008 NW HUNTERS REPORT

Me, so far I've been out almost every weekend since mid Aug, at first was just scouting, then started bow hunting, came with in 15 yards of a herd running full throttle, but no Bulls, just a spike at the end. Me and a couple buddies counted about 16 bulls bugling around Sept 11th in this one canyon, BEAUTIFUL, saw a couple fighting. Haven't gotten' up on any Bulls, buddy has with in 15 yards but couldnt get the money shot. So far we've been around the Ukiah Unit, Sumpter Unit, and over near Troy OR. I killed my first Rocky Mt Goat on Sept 20th, by myself, buddy backed out last minute I guess, but its a story to talk about for years--and take anyone with you for help. It was freezing winter like conditions but I did it and thank the lord I made it back to my truck. I will be out this weekend again, but I think I'll scout places I've never been to.

2008 NW HUNTERS REPORT

Was out saturday and sunday this past weekend for bear. Didn't see any bears but on Sunday I saw about 10 deer in the small, old clear cut I'm posting up in. Got me pretty excited for opening day Saturday.

2008 NW HUNTERS REPORT

well so far, i got my first and second black bear. i got my first one, then a week or so later i went back up to the same spot and seen 7 more bears, i couldnt believe it. i called up 2 buddies of mine and they both ended up getting their first bears. i went scouting for deer one day after work where i seen a 4x4 with nice eye guards month earlier and seen a very nice bear. probably around 300-350 lbs. also seen a nice forked horn bedded on top a rock point. after seening that bear i decided to get my second tag try to get him. i ended up gettin my second bear but it was kinda small. about 150lbs. this is the first year that i have accually been scouting for deer and i wish i would have went scouting the years before because i have seen plenty of nice bucks.

2008 HUNTING REPORT

ANY ONE BEEN OUT NEAR USK, WASHINGTON IN THE COLVILLE NATIONAL FOREST LOOKING FOR WHITE TAIL OR MULEIES??? HEADING UP THERE MYSELF FOR SEASON OPENER AND WOULD LIKE A HEADS UP ON GAME. THANKS/////

2008 NW HUNTERS REPORT

you may have read my other post where i shot a bear over east but lost him down a gully sad but i had a great day today, shot a really heavy 4x3 black tail this morning, he was pushing 200# before i dressed him may be more it took some effort to drag him out. ill put up some pics when i get them on my computer.

hey Tony wanna give me a hint on where those west side bears are that you saw Think ive got the in on the east side, a real nice honey hole ive got over there

2008 NW HUNTERS REPORT

hunted bethal ridge sat and today.. didnt see no deer or elk. heard some shots goin off. no confirmed kills for deer. prob less than 10 camps around the bethal ridge rd/tieton pond area.. came back down a day early cuz i wanted some pizza for as much of a work out that i did today and yesterday. sleepin in my bed tonight, then goin up tomorrow to break down camp and do some mroe hunting..

2008 NW HUNTERS REPORT

Brick Wall,) Made it to Usk didn't see a thing...... Lots of people though.

2008 NW HUNTERS REPORT

yesterday at bethal gmu. i went to my old camp site that i grew up at. away from all the hunters and pressure. before i was camped at tieton pond.. before i went back up there to break down camp i stoped at the ol camp site to see if anything is goin on. i jumped 3 does and ducked behind a tree to not spook em. chilled there in a uncomfortable position for 25min lookin at them and they looked at me once in a while as they fed. then amazingly another doe came out the brush to my right and she was 15ft away from me! pretty sweet, never had that expierience before to be that close to a wild animal of that size.. squirrles and chipmonks dont count lol. no pics :( didnt have my camera plus i didnt know if it was a buck or not but i was ready though!

2008 NW HUNTERS REPORT

this ones for you bustbigking! ;-) Gotta' a 5x5 1st day of rifle season here on the rez. knocked him down at 9am, in the truck by 6:30pm, steeeeeep canyon, next time I will bring a buddy, actually called for back up and partner arrived at 4pm, he shaveed about 2 hrs off otherwise I would have been sitting in dark. Anyhow, tired, aching, will post a pic or 2 later and maybe tell the story.

2008 NW HUNTERS REPORT

tonight went to the same spot as before. this time i spooked 2 cows and a 4x5 bull. didnt know they were there on top of this hill. plus i made 2 mistakes. wasnt ready and was too loud cuz of the brush if it was bucks, wouldve kicked myself a new one Brick Wall,) . but wasnt so i was lucky, never expierienced a bull in the wild before other than the local wildlife feed station in the winter. cool thing to see

Related Forum Threads You Might Like