8 replies [Last post]
2008 Kansas Buck

Here is a picture of my buck I shot during archery season in Southeast Kansas.. I just started bow hunting again after 16 years due to shoulder problems.. He may not be a monster but he is a trophy to me... Big smile

PreviewAttachmentSize
2008 Buck.JPG
2008 Buck.JPG226.21 KB
redrider's picture
2008 Kansas Buck

That is a Great buck!

2008 Kansas Buck

What a bruiser!! Congrats on a great deer. Would consider it a trophy if he were mine.

2008 Kansas Buck

Welcome to BGH deer_hunter68.

That is a great Buck. Congrats.
If that ain't no trophy then you have GOT to post some pics of some of your trophies !!!

2008 Kansas Buck

Thanks Everyone!! I was just lucky and blessed to have another chance at this buck. My first encounter was at about 5 yards in my ground blind and he heard me draw my bow back. You know how the rest of that story goes. About a week later, in the same ground blind, I watched him approach from about 45 yards heading straight at me. He closed to within about 10 yards browsing and feeding. I slowly raised my bow and then the staredown began. He was locked on me for about 15 mins standing straight on. I thought uh-oh here we go again. Well, he eventually went back to feeding, then turned around and started walking straight away. I thought I was gonna have to watch him walk out of sight, but at about 18 yards he turned broadside. I made a good shot and he only ran about 40 yards. I forgot how much adrenaline starts pumping especially with a bow in your hand. I love hunting these magnificent animals, never know how it is going to turn out or what you will learn.

2008 Kansas Buck
deer_hunter68 wrote:
I love hunting these magnificent animals, never know how it is going to turn out or what you will learn.

No doubt. The ones that get away can be much of a rush as the ones that don't. That's a nice buck! Congrat's

saskie's picture
2008 Kansas Buck

I'd drop the hammer on a buck like that every day of the week....and twice on Sunday Thumbs up Nice one!!!

2008 Kansas Buck

That is a great buck to me and anybody I think congrats

2008 Kansas Buck

That's a damn fine deer. Thumbs up

That picture makes me long for the warm days of the early season.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like