84 replies [Last post]
2007 bear hunt

I was useing a flint lock but decided I would like a follow up shot just incase.I'm useing my M14 .308 it has a muzzel break after market that keeps the muzzel in control a bit more so the follow up shot is preaty fast not quite as fast as my sks but still preaty fast and I have the scope set at 2.
I was just wondering about the bear busting me easier on the ground than in the tree stand?
Any way have a good one F.K.

2007 bear hunt

I was wondering I have a preditor call is this worth trying. I read in another post were some one used a preditor call over fresh blood is this the only way or could you use it over your bait?
F.K.

2007 bear hunt

I bought a call for this year. I've been practicing with it, but havn't put it to use yet. It's a bear call that immitates social sounds, but can also be used as an animal distress call. Very interesting tool. Just remember, when that bear comes a runnin' its in kill mode.

2007 bear hunt
jfrench wrote:
I bought a call for this year. I've been practicing with it, but havn't put it to use yet. It's a bear call that immitates social sounds, but can also be used as an animal distress call. Very interesting tool. Just remember, when that bear comes a runnin' its in kill mode.

Cool so am I Evil!
F.K.

2007 bear hunt

FK - Let us know how it worked out, and which call you used. I'd be interested.

2007 bear hunt

Im the one that used blood this year and it worked great I have a knight and hale predator call you can mimic pretty much every kind of dying or distreesed small game with it works great. About the bear busting you easier on the ground it'lll probably get a wiff of you more while your on the ground but give it a try if you want.

2007 Bear Hunt

ADBEAR told me to post on this page as well as the Northeast page. Here is a picture of my first 07' hunt. It's a lot of firsts for me. My first bear, my first bow kill, my first NH hunt, my first time baiting. Got him on the second night of the season around 1905hrs. Dressed at 160lbs. Just dropped him off at the taxidermist Monday night along with my hunting partners bear. He was on his stand about 1/2 mi. away from mine and tagged out on that Tuesday night. His dressed out at 180. According to NH fish and game, these two boars were the average size for southern/central NH. I'm doing a 1/2 mount. Don, my taxidermist said it will take 8-12 months. He does great work. I had him do a 9pt. buck I shot in Maine back in 2000. Thanks for all your advice and opinions.

P.S.- I had posted a while back on a protection device, I went with the mace, but, the clip broke on the first night. All I had was my bow and knife. My hunting partner found the can of mace near his stand site while we were taking down our treestands at the end of the week!! Laugh

Bundy

PreviewAttachmentSize
bear.jpg
bear.jpg286.51 KB
2007 bear hunt

Great bear man congrats! Thumbs up

Looks like a nice one for sure you getting a shoulder and head mount?
I think I am going to do the same this year with mine.

2007 bear hunt

I'v got a fawn bleet that can sound like a fawn in distress I wonder if this would work. Ya I'm going to stay in the tree . This Saterday I'm staying over at my buddies where I hunt so I can getr an early start 5:30-6:00am, I'm going to bait Friday night.
I read on here of a guide who uses air fresheners Vanila and strawberry. I could only find wild berry hope this works I thought I would brinng it into my stand as a cover scent, Mabe placce it up there when I bait Friday night, any boody have any thoughts on this. The air fresheners are the gell type. Any way good hunting to ya
F.K.

2007 bear hunt

I'v got a fawn bleet that can sound like a fawn in distress I wonder if this would work. Ya I'm going to stay in the tree . This Saterday I'm staying over at my buddies where I hunt so I can getr an early start 5:30-6:00am, I'm going to bait Friday night.
I read on here of a guide who uses air fresheners Vanila and strawberry. I could only find wild berry hope this works I thought I would brinng it into my stand as a cover scent, Mabe placce it up there when I bait Friday night, any boody have any thoughts on this. The air fresheners are the gell type. Any way good hunting to ya
F.K.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Bear Hunt!ICS004/15/2007 21:36 pm
trade a hunt for 2007canadianwhitetail506/18/2007 00:52 am
trade a hunt for 2007canadianwhitetail401/19/2007 18:44 pm
spring bear hunt 2007loadedforbear403/09/2007 05:15 am
Would Like Nonresident Black Bear Hunting Info for 2007 huntPaha Sapa402/19/2006 06:19 am