84 replies [Last post]
2007 bear hunt
atomikall wrote:
ADK yea you really dont know how close you were to me I woulda loved to have some real beers with yea and do some scouting and show you around the amazing places I found over the years. Plus you dont live around here so I wouldnt have to worry about you taking my hunting spots but anytime you wanna get together let me know man Im up for meeting for some beers and great hunts plus its about 30 bucks for me to get my guide license so I could bring you anywhere any guide could. Congrats on your hunt bro did you post pics yet? Did you do any fishing and where thats another thing I could have hooked you up with some lakes around where you were you would have loved specially for pickeral and lakers.

Fisher King : I dont like to take any sows unless I know they dont have cubs but If she was huge like abnormaly huge and her cubs were almost ready to leave mama Id take her why not they'll live their bears. I have also used corn syrop anything sweet like that works amazingly well when baiting bears. Where abouts do you hunt? and what city is closest to you? Go get her man and it dont matter how much you try to scare her she come back she might just take it a little slower next time she comes in (and it all depends on how you scare her) breaking branches shell be back yelling she'll be back shooting near her she might come back you never know and the bear you heard in the bush could have been anyone of them they all sound bigger on those crunchy leaves and twigs they were prolly just waiting around till you left so they could clean you out. I almost guarantee it. Thumbs up

I live nere Bracebridge but I hunt out in PortCarling.
The reason My buddy wanted me to take the sow is there are to many bears around, heavy depradation on fawns and calves. He figured get 4 for the price of one.
Saw her again last night shot beside her and she took off like a bullit.
As I was walking into my stand last night I pushed somthing off the bait. I figure ther is more than one set of bears coming to the bait.
F.K.

2007 bear hunt

Fisher: I wouldnt doubt it man there probably is more than one set of bears comming in to the baits, Every bear with in a 3 mile radius probably found your bait by now just give it time man youll get one for sure. Did you try to hit her or did you shoot beside her to scare her? We probably have the same amount of prededation around her but I dont know I wouldnt take a sow if she had really young bears with her atleast give them a little fighting chance.

2007 bear hunt

Fisher: I wouldnt doubt it man there probably is more than one set of bears comming in to the baits, Every bear with in a 3 mile radius probably found your bait by now just give it time man youll get one for sure. Did you try to hit her or did you shoot beside her to scare her? We probably have the same amount of prededation around her but I dont know I wouldnt take a sow if she had really young bears with her atleast give them a little fighting chance.

Adk I will man.

2007 bear hunt
atomikall wrote:

Adk I will man.

Just to scare her probably scared every bear around.
The cure was harsher than the poision lol
F.K.

2007 bear hunt

Did you end up seeing them again or what? Did you get one yet F.K?

2007 bear hunt
atomikall wrote:
Did you end up seeing them again or what? Did you get one yet F.K?

No nothing has been coming in durring 3:00- 8:00 I think they have gon nocturnal on me We will see I have changed up the bait a bit. I have a friend that owns a Chines food restaront and i"m useing his scraps. I gess we will see.
F.K.

2007 bear hunt

Is 3:00pm to 8:00pm all you have been spending there. Go try it in the morning man early just before the sun breaks through the trees. They might be eating in the morning so try it out All mine seemed to be eating around 9pm or from 5:30am to 9am.

2007 bear hunt
atomikall wrote:
Is 3:00pm to 8:00pm all you have been spending there. Go try it in the morning man early just before the sun breaks through the trees. They might be eating in the morning so try it out All mine seemed to be eating around 9pm or from 5:30am to 9am.

I took bait into my stand first yesterday and then I filled my buddies bait pail, and walked back to my stand on the way back I thought I heard what sounded like when bears clack their teeth together. I was preaty shure that their was a bear there.
I decided to change things up a bit and I sat on the ground . Is this done with bear or should I stick to the tree.
Mabe on Saterday I will try the 5:30 on thing but durring the week I start work at about 6:15 am.
Thanks for the feed back. F.K.

2007 bear hunt

I wish we could bait bear here in WA but I think it would get out of hand because there alot of bear here and Im shure they would come running in on a bait set up. I geuss I'll just stick to the spot and stalk method. Been really hard to get close enough for a bow shot.

2007 bear hunt

bustbigking Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:08 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wish we could bait bear here in WA but I think it would get out of hand because there alot of bear here and Im shure they would come running in on a bait set up. I geuss I'll just stick to the spot and stalk method. Been really hard to get close enough for a bow shot.

Keep trying buddy you'll get one dont ever give up. Spot and stalk is hard but once you master it you should be well on your way to bigger bears.

Fisher King:
I decided to change things up a bit and I sat on the ground . Is this done with bear or should I stick to the tree.

What kind of rifle you using again.
Hopefully something with a fast follow up shot. Just my advice dont bear hunt on the ground exspecially when bait is involved.Bear hunting spot and stalk sure your on the ground but you dont have a hungry bear most of the time like baiting. Id stay in the stand cover yourself more use pine bows ot oak branches. When on the ground what are you going to do if the first shot (just saying if it isnt) isnt enough and he comes running straight at you, you better have that fast follow up like I mean split seconds when your on the ground.(Hes already wounded and in my expierience a wounded bear is very dangerous).

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Bear Hunt!ICS004/15/2007 21:36 pm
trade a hunt for 2007canadianwhitetail506/18/2007 00:52 am
trade a hunt for 2007canadianwhitetail401/19/2007 18:44 pm
spring bear hunt 2007loadedforbear403/09/2007 05:15 am
Ontario Bear Hunting 2007MaineHunter306/17/2007 23:25 pm