84 replies [Last post]
2007 bear hunt

6 DAYS Common theres gotta be some more ontario bear hunters on here just waiting for the opener are you as happy as me fall is almost here. This has gotta be the best time of year for me anyone else. All the memories of the past adventures and missions lol around and what you can put yourself through and keep going and not to mention the hunting party getting together that one time every year and the awesome times at the camp. Anyone got some good stories to share and pics ?

2007 bear hunt

Well tommorrow is the big day wish me luck boys Ill be leaving at 5 in the morning tommorrow and hopefully the big guy comes in to eat an early morning breakfast. Should be a good day anyway being in the bush all day should be a good time anyway. Thumbs up

redrider's picture
2007 bear hunt

Not familiar with bear hunting except for what I read on here. Will you stay on stand all day? What are the temps. up there right now?

2007 bear hunt

August the days start to cool down a bit. Average temps may be in the low 70's while nights can get down to mid 50's. Thats in northern Ontario. Most of the guys hunt evenings only but as the hunt wears on and they haven't yet connected, a few of them will hunt early mornings as well. Both are productive times. Many of my baits are being hit through the entire day so I let the fellows know to be very quiet going into their baits no matter when they decide to settle in.

2007 bear hunt

I usually make alot of noise on the way in to my bait then after the bait is set Im very quiet this allows the bears to think dinner has been served and Im now gone they come in shortly after and yea saw they are hitting mine all day aswell but for opener tommorrow Im going to hunt the whole day and see what shows itself to me.Temps around here are already dropping quite quick itll be 20 in the day but tonight the temp is going to be 13 for the morning forcast then 13 for the afternoon then its supposed to warm up to 20 again but I doubt it its been hellishly cold for august I froze my toucass off last night fishin so Im not counting on it being warm tommorrow. Today it was cold because it rained all day but around here you never know what the weathers gonna be like more than half the time the weather channel isnt even right. Supposed to rain for the rest of the week after tommorrow so we'll see what happens Im counting on filling my tag in the morning anyway boys.

2007 bear hunt

Good Luck Thumbs up

2007 bear hunt

Thank you very much J you too man on your hunts this year. Already feeling the aixety hopefully thats spelt right.

2007 bear hunt

Well the Hunt was amazing First hour was my best black bear hunt yet I loved every minute of it. Had a squirrel bugging me for the first ten minutes sitting on the tree beside me then he dicides he's gonna jump right at me just misses landing on my legs.Then sticks around running in circles under the stand on it then over my head he just wouldnt leave I think he wanted to play so I through a pine cone at him. I dont think he liked it because he didnt come back after that. About ten minutes later a turkey vulture starting circling I guess he thought he was gonna get a free meal so he landed on the baitbox so I let out so loud whistles resembling a hawk screech he didnt like that he was gone about 2 seconds after that he stuck his head straight up looked around and when the last one left my lips he took right off I guess he didnt want nothing to do with whatever he heard. So I let out some rabbit shreeks and waited about 10 mins then let out some more and waited some more lol. About 30 mins later I seen some movement out of the corner of my eye so I slowing turned and looked over and I could see one,two,three,four then the nice looking mama in the back scouting the bait out they came all the way around in the long way and after about 3 mins were right in front of me eating out of my baitbox. I just watched and snapped pics of them. I missed the greatest pics ever too because my camera ran out of batterys all 5 of them standing straight up on thier hinds sniffing the air.

2007 bear hunt

But then outta nowhere I hear a grunt and snarl combo so I turn to my right and theres another 2 sitting in the weeds about 200 yrds away and closing fast. Thats when momma new something was up and took off her cubs ate a bit more then followed fast. I waited another 5 mins because the 2 nice ones dissappered into a thicket. I was scoping where I last saw them then I turn my head and they are eating out of the box already. One was small but the other was a nice size and Id never seen 2 sows travelling together so my guess is it was here cub at one time but I dont know. I waited a couple mins for her to go broadside then let the 30 odd thump one shot and she jumped up and down she went about 5 feet from the box what a hunt.

redrider's picture
2007 bear hunt

Good Job Thumbs up Sounds like it was a great hunt!

Related Forum Threads You Might Like

ThreadThread StarterRepliesLast Updated
Bear Hunt!ICS004/15/2007 21:36 pm
trade a hunt for 2007canadianwhitetail506/18/2007 00:52 am
trade a hunt for 2007canadianwhitetail401/19/2007 18:44 pm
spring bear hunt 2007loadedforbear403/09/2007 05:15 am
Ontario Bear Hunting 2007MaineHunter306/17/2007 23:25 pm