9 replies [Last post]
MontanaHunting's picture
12'6" and 1600lb Man Eating Grizzly Killed

Here is a story of a 12'6" and 1600lb Grizzly that was killed a while back. This Griz had been killing humans and was killed by a Forest Service worker. I am not sure how true this story is as I was sent it in an email, but check out the story:

Warning: the pictures are very graphic. 

Check it out here: http://www.montanahunting.org/1600lb...led-in-alaska/

Topgun 30-06's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
Nwo read the snopes link

Now go read the snopes link along with it at the bottom proving that most of the story was a bunch of BS!!! The bear was big, but a lot smaller than the story stated. It wasn't eating people, didn't charge the guy, and he wasn't a Forest Service worker using a 7 Mag or where the story says he was!!!

MontanaHunting's picture
i just saw that... How much

i just saw that... How much do you trust snopes tho? Any other info refuting it?

Topgun 30-06's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
They look into things and

They look into things and if they can find factual information I believe them over an email you got. They refuted a number of things in this story, including the fact that the bear wasn't involved with that human that was eaten. They even reprinted the actual AK newspaper article with the name of the hunter and all the other facts of what actually happened. Another fact is that I remember seeing the picture of that eaten corpse a number of years ago and it wasn't tied in with this particular bear.

MontanaHunting's picture
You have a very good point...

You have a very good point... only thing is I can not find that news article on the Alaska Daily News or anywhere on the web.... not sure what to believe...

exbiologist's picture
Then don't post crap you don't believe

It doesn't do you or your site any good to post links to stuff you don't even believe.

MontanaHunting's picture
True, thank for tip. I posted

True, thank for tip. I posted a link to the snopes article so that both sides could be seen. Either way your right and info should be factual.

Best,

Zach

SoCoKHntr's picture
I read

The actually story on the bear in the photo some time back. It was killed by a fellow who I believe was in the Air Force stationed in Alaska on a legal hunt for grizzly bear. It was a big bear but I dont think the size stated in this thread. The man eating story was false. Even the graphic photo appears to be from a tropical area possibly a tiger or lion kill.

BleuBijou's picture
I Have seen that

Last pic of the human about 10-12 years ago!!! The other pic's about 3-4 years ago! Hard to believe without the Author! Large beast anyways!!

JSmitty's picture
I have the pic of the man a

I have the pic of the man a holding the bear paw on my computer and I saved it 4 years ago so it has to be older than that. The guy in the military is the story I got back then.

Related Forum Threads You Might Like