5 replies [Last post]
GooseHunter Jr's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!
12/05/2010

Just a morning with my little boy a I.  The birds worked really well today.  I could have killed a couple limits today.  But the morning with Dylan was much better than a pile of geese any day!!

PreviewAttachmentSize
Dylan and I 4 geese.jpg
Dylan and I 4 geese.jpg846.89 KB
Dylan and Goose.jpg
Dylan and Goose.jpg622.7 KB
Ca_Vermonster's picture
Grand Slam Challenge Winner!Moderator
Nice fe birds you got there. 

Nice fe birds you got there.  How old is Dylan?  My boy is 4, and he asked for some hunting related stuff this year.  Mom isn't too happy, but I'm elated.... Wink

Congrats on a fun day!!!

GooseHunter Jr's picture
Dylan just turned 5 in

Dylan just turned 5 in August.  He love to go hunting in the "secert hideouts" (aka the pit).  He has a little toy over and under shotgun that hr takes and just ask him he kills a hundred geese everytime out.  he started going last year, but I usually choose the more mild weather days to take him so he does have a good time.  He is getting a bow for XMAS so I have created a monster, but my wife and I are OK with it.

JJD
JJD's picture
Excellent!

You are wise. Keep your boy warm and dry and he will become an addict like his dad.

The best times in my life were hunts with my dad.  It built a bond between us that only his passing has put a temperary end to.

Bless you for intoing your son to the greatest past time ever!

Wind at your back . . .

JJD

Alpine_Archer's picture
Way to knock some birds down

Way to knock some birds down and nothin beats taking a kid along with ya. That goose is half his size lol.

groovy mike's picture
looks good

That sure looks like a good day to me

My son isn't legal for gig game in NY yet but we spent this year chasing turkey, squirrel, and geese.

I have never enjoyed a hunt or a hunting partner more

Related Forum Threads You Might Like